Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Construction Dreams and Audrey Tautou

There was RREEEEAAAALLLY loud construction this morning literally RIGHT in front of my window... and I live on the first floor. It was CRAZY! I pretty much slept through it, but it was a very light and frenzied sleep. And actually I dreamt that I was doing this weird Thanksgiving football match with people from my high school. We were playing 3 against 3ish... and there were like.. 10 small fields right next to each other. So first we were playing with whoever we wanted and I know I was playing with Ben Miller, a friend from high school. And then Ben stopped everyone and said he was going pick the teams and put us in groups of people who aren't necessarily friends so we can all try to get along. So he put some people together and for our group he picked me, Courtney Ay from high school, and Amanda Bynes (the actress) who was dressed in a cardboard box... ... I don't know why. And I told him that those are all people he liked and it wasn't cool that he split everyone else up. But... he didn't care. 

So I went inside and Shirley MacLaine (why I would dream about her is 1000% beyond me. I'm not sure I've ever even seen her in anything, and certainly not recently) was.... I assume making Thanksgiving dinner. She was using the blender and the blender was making the noise and she was imitating the noise of the blender... so she was obviously either a little crazy or just fun and quirky. Hard to say. 

Then I go back outside and I end up going on a group that included Shaquille O'Neal... but I was playing against him. And he's obviously HUUUUUGE... I come up to like... his belt. So we're having our fun football thing and I'm carrying the football and I run up to make the play and Shaq catches me and tickles me and whatever and I'm laughing and I wriggle out and make the play. And then I tease Shaq about how if I can beat him in football then I'm obviously the champion and all his basketball triumphs are useless. And he laughs. And then I wake up. 

Can you see how the construction affected my dream? Obviously when we were playing football the construction was loud. Then when Ben broke us up, the construction had probably stopped for a minute. Then when I heard the blending, that was probably the exact construction noise. Then more football, more noise. 

After I woke up I had another dream, but it's probably not worth telling... so I shant. 

MOVIE SECTION:
In other news, I apparently had an explosion of Audrey Tautou (the girl in Amelie).

A Very Long Engagement: It's about this girl who's lovely fiance PROBABLY dies in WWI but she needs to make sure. Also, Jodie Foster was mysteriously in it.... speaking what I can only assume was perfect French. I really enjoyed it except that I got a little lost because they kind of trace 5 people and people who they're connected with. But it was good and the ending was satisfying because it kind of seemed like one of those endings where if he's alive at the end, it's going to seem like TOO much of a miracle, but if he's dead than it was all incredibly pointless... but I was satisfied. Also, Marion Cotillard was in it as well. And one of the guys from Amelie. I've officially watched enough French movies to recognize some people. But I REEEAAAAALLY loved the fiance because he was REALLY boyish, like skinny and cute and not hairy, which I love. It made me REALLY want him to be alive. And the men called him "the cornflower." I would LOVE if my fiance was called the cornflower!

Priceless: Also Audrey Tautou. This was kind of a typical romantic comedy. I REEEAAAALLY wanted a young Robert Downey Jr. to play the lead man role. In fact, I kept rethinking the scenes as though Downey Jr. was in them... although I guess it would have to be in English. But I thought it was pretty fun. They could remake that in English, I think. 

Anyway, it was about a guy who works at a hotel and he meets Audrey in a way that makes him seem like he's not working but actually a guest. And she's this gold digger with an old man. And then they have sex. And then she leaves. But then then next year she comes back and they do it again but this time the man she was with catches her. So she decides to be with the hotel guy, who is just smitten as can be. And then she realizes he tricked her (all of these things happen in a very believable manner... in my opinion) and he tells her he still wants to take her out and everything and so she basically sucks him dry buying dresses and bags and shoes and expensive dinners and hotel rooms... on purpose because she's punishing him. And he's like... completely broke. So then she leaves to find another rich guy and the hotel guy, who got fired, goes back to the hotel they were staying at that he couldn't afford and they say he couldn't pay and they're going to arrest him... but then this lady, who he'd met before at the hotel, takes him on as her own pet... and she's really rich. And then Audrey comes back to the hotel with her rich guy. So now both the hotel guy and Audrey are completely broke pets of rich people... and she teaches him how to get the most out of his rich lady. Chaos, hilarity, and love ensue. (I know I just wrote ... a LOT of the movie... but at first I wrote too little about it...)

Also, the thing about Audrey Tautou is that, while I'm sure men don't find her UNATTRACTIVE, I think she's a woman's woman. Like Audrey Hepburn. Like... that's what women want to be... a tiny chic doe of a woman. But it's not really a male fantasy. Just like Clive Owen for men. I wouldn't throw him out of bed, but I'm not obsessed with Clive Owen... but men REALLY are. 

He Loves Me, He Loves Me Not: ANOTHER Audrey Tautou. It's hard not to give anything away on this one... but it was quite scary... waaaay more intense than what I realized I was getting into. Very much reminds me of another movie, but I won't say which because it'll give it away. But I appreciated the layout of the film. 

Then I deserted the french and watched...
Can't Hardly Wait: A late 90s teenager movie that I somehow missed! And EVERYONE who EVER existed in the 90s is in this movie. EVERYONE! I couldn't even name everyone in the movie... because they were ALL there! Ummm... I LOVED it! 


No comments: