Sunday, August 23, 2009

I KNOW My Life's Not Interesting-- If It Was, I Wouldn't Have Such a Problem Titling Posts

Last night I had a dream that I was in my high school auditorium and watching some sort of karaoke talent show thing... very informal... and Dev Patel was there and we were arguing about what the girl's name in Slumdog Millionaire was. He kept telling me he was pretty sure it was Cora and I was insistent that it was not. I asked other people around me (but not while other people were singing) and they were like "Salim" and I was like... "no that's the brother." Also, I was waiting for the song "Dream a little Dream" to sing, but when I got up there, my mouth was swollen and I sang it really lispy. I wasn't terribly embarrassed because I still had some power and I wasn't singing it incorrectly.
When I woke, I shot up and said "Latika!"

I'm SOOO close to no more hot dogs! Allegedly my grandpa gave me $50 (I say allegedly because I haven't seen it, although I see no reason why my source would lie about that... it would be super mean.. something I would dream about). AAAND I'm PROBABLY getting $50 in cash tomorrow for selling blood. Don't be confused, I got SCREENED the other day. I'm not selling blood a hundred times in a row (although I absolutely would if I could). So... I'll have like... $110!! Which is a MIRACLE!!! And after I pay a $30 bill and give someone $10... I'll still have $70!! Then I'll get my study money eventually. And then I'll have my job. And then maybe I'll get a second job. Who knows? Then I'll be able to get new headphones and a new bra, things I've been dreaming about for a while now.

Plus I finished my diary... and I need a new one because I've also started writing diary things in my regular notebook (where I write phone numbers, names for sims, thoughts on the fly, and where I draw the occasional illustration... obviously not fit for diary writings), which is disconcerting. Plus, a diary is a once in 3-years purchase, and I think it should be the prettiest notebook you own. Well... actually that's what I want it to be for ME. I don't really care what anyone else uses as a diary. Why someone who blogs every day about nothing would NEED to also write in a diary might be cause for wonder, but apparently EVERYTHING in my life is important to me and needs careful deconstruction. My arrogance makes my fingers strong.

I'm moving on Wednesday. It should be a pretty easy move. I need one blue cart and that's about it. Although I'm not sure how the storage thing is going to work as I do not believe I gave them a date or an address. I should check up on that stuff soon. Then I'm going to come back and clean this apartment down, which I IMAGINE will be fun but... who knows. I know it will be more fun cleaning a place that still contains my stuff. It'll be me and my tunes and a fan and my rubber gloves, having a blast. Maybe!

Also, I should probably try and finish Lord of the Rings before school actually starts. Otherwise, I may have some trouble reading it before it's due back at the library. Although this semester won't be TOO reading packed, except health care sociology, which will perhaps be a lot of current events. Hopefully.

So I officially actually HAVE a license that I can physically hold, which means I wouldn't really have too much of a problem getting a zip car for practice (if I had that kind of money to spend... $50 for the sign-up and $9 per hour). Except now that I haven't driven in weeks, I'm re-frightened of cars. Plus, I've STILL never been in a car without an adult. I'm just going to wait until I get my own car, and then I'll putz around my neighborhood until I'm re-comfortable. That's the new plan A. Don't tell grandpa, because he wanted me to practice when I was here... but little does he know that all the honking might actually give me a heart attack/ make me cry at the wheel.

No comments: