Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Holiday Anxiety

Holiday anxiety.

I know I consistently bitch about holidays... but I can't help it. Too much anxiety. I have gift anxiety at Christmas (with a dose of middle class guilt and anti-family). I have obligation anxiety at Thanksgiving-- I don't really give a shit about the holiday, but dodging the obligation is tricky. I even get a little bit of birthday anxiety. No Easter anxiety though... no one cares about that holiday... at most you get a surprise package of chocolate. New Years is okay too.

But obviously on Halloween I get costume anxiety. In theory it seems super fun to dress up! When you've got a really clever idea and you've been gathering props for the whole month, nothing is better than showing it off. But MOST of the time, I don't think about it. And then the week before Halloween, you want to go to the parties but you'll look like an idiot if you aren't dressed up/ you're a party pooper. Ugh. Then you either have to come up with with something lame OOOR come up with something clever that's super low maintenance. I just want to put on a skirt and call myself "Blythe who gives a shit," but I think it's too negative for festivities.

I decided to start labeling the blog posts... but actually it's WAY less fun than I thought. I pretty much have movies and TV in every single blog... and I can't put every single movie that I mention or review. That's too many labels... and if I only use the label once, what's the point? Plus, sometimes I only put one line about something. Is that worth a label? Plus... I don't think I'm going to go back and label all of my 300+ blogs. We'll see. I'll go with it for now, but I don't think it'll last.

In other news, This Is It got really great reviews! Bittersweet just like The Dark Knight. Speaking of which, Heath Ledger's other movie, The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus, is coming out soon. What if it's so good that Heath Ledger wins ANOTHER Oscar? I bet he would be the first actor to win two Oscars post-mortem. At the very least, he might be the first actor to win an Oscar for two consecutive years post-mortem. Maybe it would be even MORE of a bummer, though. If the movie is ANY good it'll probably just be a huge bummer, regardless of any Oscars involved.

1 comment:

Claire said...

I too have Halloween anxiety. I just don't care that much... which I guess kiiind of makes me a party pooper... but I still like to go out to parties on Halloween! I just don't have a lot of costume dreams (like some people REALLY REALLY want to be... whoever, you know?), and I don't really feel like explaining a clever costume all night. So I'm going as a "biker chick" - which is totally lame, but I have the leather jacket, the boots, etc. already so it's easy. I won't be a party pooper, at least.