Thursday, October 15, 2009

A Little More Hanson and a Bit on Food

I just need to add that while it would have been nice to have someone with me at the concert to evaluate the opening bands-- Sherwood, Steel Train, and Hellogoodbye (all quality, but I particularly liked Steel Train), it was ultimately golden that no one was with me because then I didn't have to be ashamed as I danced and screamed (SCREAMED!) like a maniac, knowing all the words to semi-obscure Hanson songs... just like everyone else there. I need to point out that the entire audience sang EVERY WORD to "Crazy Beautiful" from their 3rd album (how many people in the ... normal? world even know Hanson has a third album? (and a 4th)...). I'm talking ALL VERSES. That's CRAZY! (/beautiful... heh)!

In other news, I'm nearly finished with the week of crazy. I have to write my reason for wanting to go to LA and a 3-5 page paper for health care sociology (which ISN'T a research paper... which I find strange and wonderful) and I'm academically in the clear. ALTHOUGH, I am unfortunately not gold on the readings anymore. C'est la vie. It the homework reading proficiency didn't seem likely to last forever.

Other things:

1. I lost my wallet this week. Well... not so much lost as dropped it and then had to go on a goose chase around campus to get it back. What's weird is a few hours before that I forgot my notebook at work and a few hours later, I left home without my keys. It was a forgetful/materials lost sort of 24-hours.

2. I made irish potato soup. Honestly the odds seemed stacked against me-- mostly of my own doing. All I knew was that I wanted irish potato soup like the kind I get at my favorite restaurant in PA (Maggie O'Neil's). I looked up 3 or 4 recipes and then did what I thought would be the least elaborate way to make the soup, which isn't too smart, especially considering my less-than-delicious cooking past. But miraculously, it was GREAT!!! Even Elena thought so (although her words may not have included "great," and she did concede that if it wasn't good, she would still tell me it was good... what I'm saying is that she isn't a reliable source ;) ).

3. Last week I had a salad week. One week of DEFINITELY getting the right amount of vegetables. I did enjoy it. The only problem (can I call it a problem?) is maintenance. I can't buy 2 weeks worth of vegetables because they'll go bad, so I have to go to the store almost every day to replace something that I finished up. Lame. I finally ran out of spinach two days ago. Thus endeth salad week.

Also, 30 Rock premiere tonight at 9:30pm after The Office on NBC!!!
Also, I'm seeing David Cross on Monday!!!

No comments: