Monday, March 28, 2011

Danes in First Position

This weekend I took my first joy ride. What I mean by that is other than the day I took a drive by myself because it was my first time alone in the car (a ride I hardly considered joyful), this is the first time I ever took a drive with no specific destination. After the first 15 minutes of guilt (gas money, carbon emissions, that much closer to needing an oil change), it was quite glorious. Hard to say whether I learned too much, except that there are some VERY small towns in the mountains (which is possibly obvious).

Watched Temple Grandin. Claire Danes is now my favorite actress. No one was previously holding the title, nor does anyone hold the title of favorite actor in my head. Just Claire Danes, standing pretty at the top. Thus, after my two weeks of obsessive My So-Called Life, I rounded out with Temple Grandin, Shop Girl (I love that movie more and more and more every time I watch it), Stardust, and Romeo + Juliet. Turns out, my DVD collection is pretty perfect for a newfound Danes love. If I desire, I can also watch Igby Goes Down, Little Women, The Family Stone and... My So-Called Life again...

2 comments:

Claire said...

I'm watching the last episode of My So-Called Life tonight!! I'm a little scared that it will be incredibly unsatisfying as an ending... but I'm taking the plunge anyway...

I really like Claire Danes. I love Shopgirl, though a lot because of Jason Schwartzman(n?), and Romeo + Juliet is my secret shame... and I love The Family Stone and Igby Goes Down! Speaking of which, I really need to buy Igby.

Blythe said...

CLAIRE! Why, WHYY!!?? couldn't we have watched So-Called Life together!!??

Actually, I decree right now that we SHALL watch it together. We have to. I need to talk about every single moment with you. I have very specific thoughts on the last episode, but I refuse to ruin it, even accidentally, so I'll just wait until we can discuss.

I only really love WATCHING Romeo + Juliet, and not so much listening to it. Well... the soundtrack is great. It just doesn't string me along the way they shout all the time.

DEFINITELY agree about Jason Schwartzman and Shopgirl.