Friday, March 18, 2011

An Unsatisfying Entry

I've been recently corresponding with my friend Sarah, whom I haven't really communicated with in quite a while. It's interesting the level of clarity you can get when you're summing up with someone who is important enough to know the truth. This is what I told her (altered slightly):

I think I just recently realized that life, even if you do it right*, isn't actually a whole lot of fun punctuated by some rough moments. It's actually a whole lot of blah, punctuated by fun and rough moments. I don't know why I didn't fully realize that before.

I don't want to get too gloomy, but I just think it's funny because... that's so obvious and I knew that on the surface, but what that really means just sunk in. It's like when you TRULY feel the meaning of a proverb or cliche. You always obviously knew it, but there's a moment when it really truly means something to you. It happens to me at least.

I'm probably a third through My So-Called Life again and I feel much better. Doing the re-watch DAYS after the initial viewing is so pleasant that I feel confident that I won't die from a lack of second season. It was formerly a concern.

I'm not satisfied with this entry, but it'll have to do.

*I couldn't bear to put RIGHT in quotes, but I'm acknowledging that there isn't a RIGHT way to do life.

1 comment:

Claire said...

Have you seen this?
http://jezebel.com/#!5645367/the-illustrious-teen+modeling-portfolio-of-jordan-catalano

It makes me laugh. So hard.