Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Remember to Work on Set

GLORIOUS weekend. I wasn't sure how I would feel about spending my weekend on set now that I work all week. LOVED IT. Plus, it made me WAY more active on my time off during the weekend, taking form in the act of beginning to clean my room. Unfortunately, I only successfully conquered my closet (due to time constraints)... which made the rest of my room MUCH messier. C'est la vie. I now know where all my stuff is again. Hurrah!

The point is, I must make a continuous note to self that I NEED to try and work on set when I have a career. I love my boss. I'm grateful for my job. But I need to work on set. For my health (mental and otherwise).

I also bought some stuff for the first time in 1 jillion years (approx). Did I mention I got a raise? I got a RAISE!!!

- One pair of shoes from Payless. Important because my only pair of shoes (save sneakers, which I don't wear to work) had substantial holes in the bottom. As with nearly all of my shoes, I wore them to uselessness... and I'm proud.

- One portable CD player for $15. My ipod died months and months ago and I'm tired of the radio tunes. It was an excellent investment for the following reasons:
a) I needed new headphones which cost $10. Thus, I really only spent $5.
b) My drives feel SO MUCH FASTER! Important when you spend more than 2 hours in the car per day.
c) The lack of shock resistance (or whatever you call it... abundance of skippage?) makes me more aware of pot holes, which is good for my tires.
d) If I blast early Britney on my portable CD player, plugged into the fake cassette player to play out of my 1996 vehicle, talking on my internet-less cell phone, I'm basically in a time machine from 2001. Awesome.

-Batteries
-Pens
-Mouthwash
-Mat for my bathroom (very important. I didn't even realize what a blessing that could be. And I only spent $3.50. The little things...)
-Curtains - important for when I move due to a bleaching accident I had during an ant crisis. It was a mistake and I've learned. And now I pay the $10 price. Other casualties included the pants and shirt that I wore that day. Very sad. Not as terrible as the Great Shoe Accident of Early May. Never mind, never mind. Onto happier things...

Actually, no other things to discuss.

4 comments:

Claire said...

Congrats on your raise!!

What is the bleaching accident? And what is the Great Show Accident of Early May?! I don't want to bring up bad memories... but I am so curious.

Claire said...

I meant "Great Shoe Accident", not show accident.

Natalya said...

A job AND a raise! That must be at least a dozen points in The Game.

Blythe said...

THANK YOU!! I'm back in the game!!