Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Snails

Achieved the goal of face lotion. Like... weeks ago.

The car now has two ailments. I even told my boss about it. One is a kind of stammer, which didn't used to scare me because it only happened when I was stalled at a light, but now it occasionally feels weird for the first few seconds after I start going again, and then it kind of like... zooms. It's disconcerting. Ailment two is that a light on my dashboard that says "break lamp" is currently lit red. I do not know what this means; I can't help but assume that it's not a "your car is working great!" reminder...

Everyone should see Insidious because I have a vested interest. It's supposed to be good. It stars Rose Byrne and Patrick Wilson (!). It's old school scary. Lin Shaye steals the third act. This is all I know.

I think I'm set with My So-Called Life. I can watch other things again. Whew.

I learned that when I pick up snail shells, the snails have not NECESSARILY left said shells. It seems I have snail shells littered around all areas in which I spend multiple hours. My desk, my car, my dresser. When Caroline and I hung out, she scoffed at my snail corpse, and upon looking at the body, it looked.... waaaay weirder than when I picked it up. Early today I looked inside the shell that I keep at my desk (I picked this up... possibly MONTHS ago) and I felt the inside and it was WET! So I took some toilet paper to dry it out but it started bubbling and convulsing!!! And when I removed the toilet paper, it looked just like I drew on it with a runny highlighter, which was weird. So hopefully I didn't do lasting damage to desk-snail. I obviously returned it to the outdoors, but I think I'll bring it home because I know where the snails live at my house.

Anyway, it was a good lesson because at the very least I now know that snails are made of highlighter.

"I'm crossing it out with a highlighter but it just keeps getting more important!"

3 comments:

Claire said...

I totally want to see "Insidious." Though I saw the preview while I was alone in the basement and it really scared me and for a moment I thought I did (you KNOW the power of that basement!). But then I remembered I like scary movies. So.

And I'm watching My So-Called Life right NOW. I'm on episode 13 and it is AWESOME. I'll keep you posted.

Claire said...

And I'm sorry about the snails.

Blythe said...

I bought it and I am currently absorbing the EXTREMELY satisfying special features. I'M SO GLAD YOU LOVE IT!!