Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Still Accidentally Obsessing

The pain has not subsided. Can I just suspend the greater problems of the world and call this a terrible terrible tragedy, without regard to Japan or similar? It's terrible being so upset about something useless that actually happened 15 years ago. And it's a TV show. Are we all aware that I'm still talking about My So-Called Life?

Netflix has That '70s Show on instant watch, but I can't do it now. I just restarted My S0-Called Life again. You know when something filling your brain is so sacred that you can't interrupt it with mediocrity until you're absolutely finished with what you're focused on. That's why I couldn't bare to listen to anything but Bob Dylan for an entire month. Not a single other thing... except, I guess, music that inspired Bob Dylan. You can't follow up greatness. You just have to absorb it right into your body as much as you can.

I know I'm over-hyping the CRAP out of this show, except to me it just feels like I'm regular-hyping it.

2 comments:

Claire said...

Well now I'm SUPER psyched to watch this! I actually noticed that it was on Netflix instant a few days before you texted me and I put it in my queue but I didn't watch any of it.

Blythe said...

PLEASE TELL ME WHEN YOU DO!!!