Monday, March 14, 2011

My So-Called Life

My So-Called Life.
Every time I come across an amazing show, I believe it's my favorite instantly. After some time, I'll re-watch my former favorites and remember that those, too, are actually my favorites. But this is my FAVORITE! I watched a full 18 episodes since SATURDAY! I don't even care. I have one episode left and the grief keeps crashing upon me in waves throughout the day. Why? WHY!!? did it have to end?! If I can be completely honest, my eyes are welling up as I write this. My tears are cheap, but still...

Plus, Kevin and I sometimes discuss what movie is the MOST 90s movie, and we've come to an agreement that it's Clueless. But... Clueless doesn't even come CLOSE to the brilliant 90s-ness of My So-Called Life. The overalls, the baggy clothes, the crazy matching concepts, the jillions of braids and those plastic hair barrettes. Dark lipstick and walkmen with those cheap wire headphones. Landlines. Pop culture references that still mostly make sense. The abundance of "like" and "... or whatever"s. God, I love this show!

Why!? WHY?!! is tonight my last episode!!? BAH! The tears again. I need to pull it together.

No comments: