Friday, June 12, 2009

Bird? Plane? Nope. It's My Parents!

This morning, at exactly 5am, my mother and I were talking on facebook chat. 
And she told me she's going skydiving. 
!!!
How awesome is that?! A few weeks ago I declared to myself (and I'm pretty sure to one other person, although I don't remember who) that I want to someday hold a tarantula because one time I had the opportunity and I couldn't do it because I was too scared. So I declared that I would make that happen sometime before I die.
But skydiving... I don't think I would ever be ready for that. We'll see what my mom says afterwards. Regardless, I'm SUPER impressed. 

My dad, on my birthday, told me that he took an airplane flying lesson and has decided he's going to learn to fly. Something is making all of my parents airborne!

Also, though, over winter break my dad told me that he was flirting with the idea of doing a new thing where he sleeps for 20 minutes every 4 hours. He told me that he felt like he spent every day at work and then came home and was too exhausted to do anything else... and he wanted to be able to work on his music and read and... do his dancing and whatever else. So when I asked him about it, he said that instead he just went up to his work and told them that they keep giving him more money but what he'd really like is just more time off. They told him they'd think about it and eventually they agreed. So my dad has decided to see if this will work before he alters his sleeping style. 
I'm so impressed with my dad... that he doesn't care about money, he just wants enough to live and he wants the rest of the time to do what he wants. And not laying about. Nay. He's going to dance and learn to fly and write music and... do whatever he wants. I want to be like my dad so much!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I was there during the tarantula proclamation.