Saturday, June 27, 2009

I Want to Literally CONSUME Celebrity Mole

I'm so thankful to netflix for allowing me to stop buying so many movies... but recently I rented Celebrity Mole, which is the ACTUAL first show that I ever watched loyally every week. BUUUT to be fair it only had 6 episodes. So... it wasn't that long of a commitment. (When I say the ACTUAL first, I mean that I usually tell people that I never watched a show loyally every week before The Office... but like I said, this was only 6 weeks and that's like.. 24.)

But in case you don't know what The Mole is, it's a game in which a group of people all participate in games and stuff to win money, but one person is trying to sabotage the group and lose the group's money without everyone figuring out who they are-- they're the mole. And then they all take a quiz about who they think the mole is. The questions are like "what color shorts was the mole wearing in the cliff diving game?" or something like that. And then whoever gets the least right answers has to leave. 

So anyway, I LOOOVED celebrity mole. The celebrities were Kathy Griffin (first thing I ever saw her in), Erik von Detton (obsessed with him at the time. He was in Brink and The Princess Diaries), Stephen Baldwin (The Usual Suspects and now really religious Baldwin brother), Corbin Bernsen (I'm not sure... some sort of Law and Order or something), Michael Boatman (Spin City), Frederique Van Der Wal (Victoria's Secret model), and Kim Coles (In Living Color). 

So it isn't so mysterious that I loved the show when I saw it in 2003. What IS mysterious is that I felt the need, out of the 200 movies that I want to see on netflix, to rent out. I got all 3 disks of this like... Z-list celebrity show to watch AGAIN! And what is perhaps stranger... I LOOOOOVED it! I was laughing more than like... any other movie! And the thing is... sometimes I just want to ABSORB things. Sometimes I watch things and I literally... this isn't a joke or even an exaggeration... feel pain AS I watch them because I know I have to part with it. Or even that at some point I'm not ever going to watch it again. I feel literal pain from it. I used to go to the local catholic high school shows... like musicals... with my cousin a lot in 6th and 7th grade... and it was TORTURE for me because I'd be so upset that I couldn't watch it again. And I'd spend all of my money... or powers of persuasion... trying to get another $8 and a ride so I could go again. But I would just get more upset because then it's even LESS likely I'll see it a third time. I would write terrible little limericks about my misery. And even now, at 21, I still feel pain sometimes when I watch things. Because I want to ABSORB it into my body and have it forever. And honestly, I'm not sure anyone else could even sit through this damn show, but ... I can't help what I love. 

Even the people ON the show would judge me for loving it so much. But I do. And, in my opinion, celebrity shows are nicer... because there isn't so much animosity. They are having more fun. There's less at stake. Plus you can think about the things you already know about them. And if you love them, you get to learn new things... and lord knows I love to hear my celebs talk... it's the essence of my obsession with late night TV. 

ANYWAY, in other news, I decided to make both chicken parm AND breaded chicken and use that as my food for the rest of the time. I did burn the chicken parm... in fact, it's really a glorified pasta dish for me because I don't think I did it right. The issue is that I think the changes I make are just going to cater to me more... but maybe I don't have a good sense of what's ruining the meal and what isn't. But the breaded chicken was better this time because I took Caroline's advice and poured melted butter over it before I cooked it. Wise. 

Today I got from netflix
1. the third DVD to said 2003 game of Celebrity Mole.
2. a stand up DVD of David Cross
and 3. Sophie's Choice

Very eclectic. 

1 comment:

Wolfie said...

Blythe! Celebrity mole? Really? Also I know how you feel about watching shows you love and being so happy but simultaneously heartbroken because you know they'll end soon. that's how I was with Arrested. So sad. <3