Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Let's Talk MORE About Slumdog!

PLEASE watch Slumdog Millionaire!!! It's so excellent!!! I watched it for the second time today and... it's unbelievable. Plus, I just semi-thoroughly looked up Dev Patel, the star of it, and I'm a little in love with him. PLUS, it has come to my attention that Danny Boyle, the director, also directed 28 Days Later, The Beach, and TRAINSPOTTING!! which I have to say... is also one of my very very very favorite movies! God, I'm obsessed! I know I'm overhyping and that you might hate it after you read this... but ... I can't help it.
Do you ever just want to absorb things into your body so you can have them forever? But there isn't any way! Sometimes I just want EVERYTHING from a movie... and I can't be satisfied. I used to cry after plays because I would never be able to see them again. A nd some movies I HAVE to own because... they are so brilliant and meaningful and beautiful!!


I'm so glad there are artists. I'm so glad that there is a J.K. Rowling and a Danny Boyle and a David Sedaris and a Rob Reiner and a Kate Winslet. In your life, how often are you REALLY touched on your own accord? REALLY think about it ... in the way that something actually ruptures into you body without physically making contact? In my life, that almost NEVER happens on it's own. But these people make it there job! They find their tale and they tell it in a way that will define everything to you!! I don't have the eloquence to give justice to how much I love beautiful movies and mind-altering books. I'm just so glad that I live in this time. I'm so grateful!
(I don't mean to not mention painters and sculptors and musicians. I only gave examples and I can't honestly say that music often does for me what a movie or book does. But that doesn't mean that they aren't equally important and wonderful and beautiful. I know that some people gain so much from any different




AAAANYWAY...
Tomorrow is a new semester... and it's a BIG day! I have class from 10am to 6pm with a one hour break from 1pm to 2pm! Got me some notebooks that are all recycled paper. Still haven't found the books that I sent away for... hopefully I'll find them tomorrow.

Today was a GREAT day for seeing people! I had a lovely lunch with Matt, Elena, and Matt's roommate, Riley. Then I hung out with Rachael and her boyfriend, Rafi, for a bit. Then I had a nice visit with Pat for an hour or so. Then I saw Slumdog Millionaire again with my roommate, Sonya, and her friend, Regina. It certainly made up for my lack of social contact yesterday!

Ok... I just have to show you some Dev Patel because he's SOOOOO CUTE!! This is NOTHING like his character from Slumdog though... so ... but he's... LOOK AT HIS SMILE! He's the most excited person EVER!
Dev Patel is adorable!

No comments: