Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Mary Kate and Ashley, Proust Questionaire

This is the Mary Kate and Ashley, Proust Questionaire that Claire, Sarah, and I made modeled after the Olsen questionaire in their book (except NOTHING like that one... it was pretty bad).
Also, I need to say that a LOT of Claire's answers are like... PERFECT and it IS going to be hard to not just say "samesies" on a lot of them (I won't though!! I'll put in the effort! I'll commit!!).

1. Favorite actor: Leo DiCaprio-- I'd watch ANYTHING he was in and Ewan McGregor

2. Favorite actress: Even though Claire already said it... DEFINITELY Kate Winslet. AND Tina Fey... but not for acting so much as general awesomeness...

3. Favorite Book: Even though it's cliche... The Harry Potter series... I just can't get over it and I can't not give those books credit just because everyone does it! But I really love David Sedaris books (I'm going to include them all as well because they are all basically the same and one isn't particularly better than the others)! And A Tree Grows in Brooklyn-- I just honestly can't get enough of this book. If I could only keep ONE book, it would be that one!

4. Favorite Author: David Sedaris, definitely.

5. Favorite Movie: The Princess Bride, officially... but also Fight Club, Moulin Rouge, When Harry Met Sally, Titanic, and Trainspotting

6. Movie you would watch if you only had one movie to watch for the rest of your life: I wrote this question because DEFINITELY Titanic! It has EVERYTHING!

7. Book you would read if you only had one book to read for the rest of your life: Oh, I already answered! A Tree Grows in Brooklyn. But Harry Potter if I could have seven!

8. Favorite Quote: I'll tell you, there are three quotes that I actually use a lot because I need to remind myself. First, "You can tell a lot about a person by the way he/she handles these three things: a rainy day, lost luggage, and tangled Christmas tree lights." --Maya Angelou

"Reality, for an animal, is whatever it's brain needs it to be in order to assist it's survival and because different species live in different worlds, there will be a discomforting variety of realities."-- Richard Dawkins

And "True knowledge is knowing that you know nothing." I don't know who said that.

9. The meaning of life: "I think all you can hope for is to do the best you can do to be happy yourself while helping others do the same." That's what Claire said and I'm going to say she's right. I also feel like you should try to be as present as you can with just enough reflection and planning to satisfy you.

10. A vivid memory that pops into your head: In first grade we made animal habitats, and my friend Kylie and I did kangaroos (and I was pissed at my best friend because she did lions with her boyfriend and that was our favorite animal) and the habitat we made was vegetation and water within a concrete enclosure... which now that I'm thinking about it, is kind of sad because we didn't think that animals could be wild first... we just assumed that their habitat involved concrete. But then my favorite animal was officially kangaroos for years after that.

11. Favorite song: ummm VERY HARD. "Freedom" by George Michael, "Head Over Feet" by Tears for Fears, "Something to Talk About" by Bonnie Raitt, "Crazy/Beautiful" by Hanson, and the "Cumbia Medley" by Selena.

12. Favorite band/musician: Okay... I KNOW it's lame but Hanson and... The Beatles. Now I KNOW that sounds like... the worst answer you could EVER say. Hanson is a 90s boy band and the Beatles is the most cliche answer. BUUUUT Hanson is TOTALLY underrated. They really consistently make amazing music! I just can't deny them. AND I only JUST realized that I really LOVE the Beatles. Like... before I just ASSUMED I liked them... and I knew and liked a few of their songs... but really, all of there stuff is just... so GREAT! I just love how much variety they have... like NONE of those songs sound the same and they have such an amazing variety of like... uncovered emotion and they do an amazing job mixing almost silly melody songs AND making really intense somes and some are SUPER complex! And they were such funny humanitarians who really had so much awareness and compassion. So there! And the thing is... you can't get OVER them because there is SOOOO much and it's the OPPOSITE of "if you've heard it once, you've heard it a million times." AND I love Michael Jackson.
(how is THAT for a committed answer?!)


13. Album you would listen to for the rest of your life: Pieces of You by Jewel... even after all I said, I don't think I could live without that album.

14. The key to being happy forever: "Appreciating what you have and deciding to be happy." Okay... I can't even add to Claire's answer. That is EXAAAACTLY what I think.

15. First crush: Celebrity--Macaulay Culkin, when he got married when he was 17, I cried. The first crush I remember was a boy named Michael in 2nd grade. I know that's pretty early, but I'm positive it was 2nd grade. Although I'm not sure that counts because... I'm pretty sure I didn't want to make out or anything. I think I just wanted to like... talk to him on the phone. Whatever. I stand by Michael.

16. Most important traits in a significant other: Compassionate, trustworthy, kind, interesting... and also I like people who are really inspiring, who make me want to better myself.

17. Most important traits in a friend: open and fun.

18. Dream job: Sitcom writer. But I would LOVE if I wrote ONE great screenplay. Like a life-work sort of thing. That would be AMAZING!

19. Biggest personal flaw: I, again, have to agree with Claire. I would say that I'm lazy about starting new things (I mean... we both can't drive... it would seem we do share a "flaw").

20. Biggest pet peeve: Entitlement. To an extent, I've never met a person who on some level didn't feel a little entitled... but people who have no perspective make me crazy. And also when people seem to try to be unhappy-- where they can't see the good in anything and/or they seem to look for problems.

21. Relationship deal breaker: Homophobic--cliche but I would not tolerate or ever understand them. Also, I agree with Claire that if they don't like movies, that might be too big of a problem. Or if they're overly argumentative. Or disrespectful to other people a lot.

22. Favorite talk show host: I would say Jon Stewart, then Stephen Colbert, then Ellen Degeneres, then Craig Ferguson, then David Letterman... and if I was Australian, I bet Rove would be in there. He's super cute! And Ant and Dec if I was British

23. Celebrity you’d pick to adopt you: Tom Hanks or Ellen Degeneres... or Michael Keaton... I don't know why but I always feel like he would be an awesome dad.

24. Favorite song at the moment: "Soon We'll Be Found" by Sia

25. Favorite visual artist: William Bouguereau, John William Waterhouse, Alex Grey

26. Craziest dream in seven words or less: My baby drowned in salad dressing bottle

27. Celebrity you would pick to play yourself in a movie: Pat told me Janis Joplin, who I know is dead but I'm flattered by that.

28. Food you would eat if you could only eat one food forever (and not thinking about nutrition or whatever): Alaskan crab legs!

29. The current state of your fingernails: all the same length except the left middle finger because it just broke. But fairly clean.

30. Favorite time of day: I have to say twilight. I love when buildings make silhouettes on the deep, but still distinctly blue-- not navy, sky.

31. Dream residence: A condo in either Seattle or New York City.

32. First commercial that comes to mind: The one where the like... 20 year old guy gets and icecream and the lady puts on like... 6 sprinkles, so he gives her this funny sexy look and pulls the first button of his shirt unbuttoned and the lady dumps the entire scoopful of sprinkles on it and he takes a lick with the same funny sexy look. And it's actually for clearasil and having confidence! It's really funny!

33. Sum up your life so far in six words: Lucky, and trying to appreciate it

34. Goal for the year: Getting an internship.

35. Mary Kate or Ashley: Like Claire, Mary Kate, DEFINITELY... although Ashley IS great... but Mary Kate is awesome!

No comments: