Monday, January 12, 2009

YEAH SLUMDOG MILLIONAIRE!

First of all... SLUMDOG MILLIONAIRE WAS AMAZING!!! It was definitely my favorite movie AT LEAST of the past 12 months (yeah... I'm including Wall-e, Iron man, The Dark Knight, and Happy Go Lucky!)!! I definitely recommend!!

I also watched Revolutionary Road, thankfully first, so that I didn't dislike it... because you can't follow a movie like Slumdog Millionaire (although... I almost definitely wouldn't have watched 2 films in a row if I saw Slumdog Millionaire first... so ... that was lucky). That said, I would rate it a B (exactly like Amanda). It was quite good. Although I did find it interesting that I read an interview with Kate and Leo (who are like... BFF, which I hate to say... makes my life a little bit) and they said that they wanted to do another film together but they knew that had to make it something completely different than Titanic... and that's why they waited so long. Anyway, the movie IS a lot like Titanic... MAYBE because I was LOOKING for connections... but the whole movie was basically about Kate being trapped and them wanting to be free and going to Paris... which if you don't recall... is exactly how Kate felt and where they both wanted to go in Titanic. There were other similarities, but I won't give the movie away.

Also, I definitely feel like period time is the best time to watch movies!! ESPECIALLY new ones. I'm not trying to be weird... but I get soooo much more emotional. I'm SO much more in it!

So last night/this morning (8am bed yesterday/today... which was slightly inevitable) I finished the last Harry Potter book. Man... J.K. does NOT let you down (even though I already knew what would happen). She IS a genius. I'm glad she has so much money (even though NO ONE should really have THAT much money)... she's brilliant! That CERTAINLY won't be the last time I read those books!

I woke up today at 2:45pm (whatever whatever) and immediately took a shower and went to the movies. Then I had some dinner. Then I decided, fuck it, I might as well go to ANOTHER movie. I didn't really need to dwell on Revolutionary Road anymore, AND I have that $50 gift card. Good decision. OH what a good decision!

Here are the real life things I'm thinking about:
1) Money. I have approx $12 left. BUUUUT I should have $120 at my job when I pick them up AND my dad is sending me $150.
2) Getting another job. I'm just worried that I'm not going to think about it and then it's going to be too late... and then what will I do when I want to live in New York and have no money?
3) Need to find said internship. PRONTO. I NEED this and I CAN'T FORGET!! Otherwise I KNOOOOW that I'm going to work for OCS again... and I REALLY can't have that happen... although it's good to know that it's there.
4) Also, I both need to buy the books I didn't get online AAAAND I need to find where the books I DID get online went. I got two of them but I'm sure I should have more than that! Are they at the post office?

I JUST saw a commercial about starting your own alpaca farm. That's hilarious!
"Wanna raise alpacas?"
"... yeah."

Also, an amendment to the last one entry... but it isn't Doubt I really want to see... it's The Reader. Although I'm sure Doubt is fine.

1 comment:

Claire said...

a) Applying to internships is a pain in the ass. I sympathize with you.
b) I'm going to see The Reader today!
c) I WANT TO RAISE ALPACAS.