Friday, January 23, 2009

My Oscar Predictions

Here are my Oscar picks (which are subject to change at any time up until 8pm on Feb 22):
(I'm not going to type all the nominees, so you can look HERE for that)
(Also, this is who I think the ACADEMY is going to pick... not what I personally think (which I couldn't say because I haven't seen all of these movies)

Performance by an actor in a leading role: Mickey Rourke for The Wrestler
Performance by an actor in a supporting role: Heath Ledger for The Dark Knight
Performance by an actress in a leading role: Kate Winslet for The Reader
Performance by an actress in a supporting role: Penelope Cruz in Vicky Cristina Barcelona
Best animated feature film of the year: WALL-E
Achievement in art direction: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Achievement in Cinematography: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Achievement in costume design: Australia
Achievement in directing: Ron Howard for Frost/Nixon (could EASILY change to Danny Boyle for Slumdog Millionaire though)
Best documentary feature (no clue): Man on Wire
Best documentary short subject (no clue): The Final Inch
Achievement in film editing: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Best foreign language film of the year: Waltz with Bashir (Israel)
Achievement in makeup: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Achievement in music written for motion pictures (Original score): A.R. Rahman for Slumdog Millionaire
Achievement in music written for motion pictures (Original song): "Jai Ho" from Slumdog Millionaire
Best motion picture of the year: Slumdog Millionaire
Best animated short film (based on this one being the only one I saw): Presto
Best live action short film (no clue): The Pig
Achievement in sound editing: WALL-E
Achievement in sound mixing (I don't know the difference): WALL-E
Achievement in visual effects: The Dark Knight
Adapted screenplay: Slumdog Millionaire
Original Screenplay: WALL-E

I will accept that Benjamin Button deserved 13 nominations ONLY if it doesn't win best picture. If it DOES win... I shall be pissed. In case you can't count, I'm predicting 4 wins each for WALL-E, Benjamin Button, and Slumdog Millionaire.

No comments: