Friday, September 5, 2008

Another Epic Email

note: I wasn't going to post this one too, but then I remembered that it's my blog and I can do what I want!

hey mom,

 sorry if these emails are annoying but you HAVE to know!

 So yesterday I had my first day of the rest of my classes. My first class was 11-12:30 and it’s television writing. Im basically the MOST EXCITED IVE EVER BEEN!!! Which is lucky because I THOUGHT it might be my fave! I mean… I haven’t done anything so we’ll see.. but the final project is to write an entire episode of…

 SEX AND THE CITY!!!!

 Does it get any luckier?? Also my homework for this weekend is to watch shrek (along with other things, obviously… but that’s AWESOME!!!) also, we have show-viewing homework… which is why I really needed a tv (forshadowing).

 My checks cleared, so after class I HAD to go grocery shopping. It was like $90, but a lot of the stuff I won’t have to replace that quickly like mustard and olive oil and stuff. Plus I got shampoo and conditioner and facewash… so it all added up. I feel alright about it.  But I got some frozen vegetables, canned vegetables, lunch meat, cheese, milk, bread… tuna. Not too much meat because I realized that I ONLY know how to make rosemary chicken and I didn’t want to get ingredients for that because who knows when im going to make it again. But I DID get granola bars because even though I don’t like them too much, if they’re in my bag when im out and hungry, they are INFINITELY more appealing!

 Anyway, I ate a turkey sandwich and then went to my food anthro class. It’s my biggest class by far… with about 60 students. The woman actually cooked for Jackie O! also she wrote 2 cookbooks in the 70s. it’s SO good though because the class is only an hour and I have 2 three hour classes and 1 hour and a half one… so it was almost like I had no class at all. Im sure its going to be fun. There are lots of field trips too! So when you come to boston maybe I can show you some really fun places to eat. Also our final project is a cooking project that we bring in.. so it’s nice that I have a kitchen! Also, pat’s old roommate, Justin, is in the class.

 After class I visited pat for a bit and ate a banana and read some of my book. Then I went to my 6-9 producing 1 class which I was REALLY afraid of.

 So it turns out, the two girls who are in my other producing class, the anthro/tv majors are BOTH in this class, as is one of the girls in my group from my writing class. So one of the girls is in 3 of my classes! This makes me feel like I was making the right, logical class choices.

 The lady was a little scary but alright. We have to REEEEAAALLY know current events. Luckily I don’t think it will be THAT hard for me to step it up a notch. But I have to read the NY times and the “trades” (which is like … variety or something) every day! It’s intense. Im glad I was already keeping up.. and also that I read perezhilton like… 3 times a day. He HELPS!

 After class (which was let out an hour early), I went to visit my friend Lorna, and then saw Amanda and Rachael for project runway. Then I saw lorna again, with saswato and Lynda. And then I went home and ate a can of peas and carrots and went to bed.

 Then today I woke up at like 11:20… which was pretty late, ate a turkey sandwich, and then went to my first day of work. basically it was VERY easy… I made copies and ran errands and stuff. But I felt very comfortable, which was nice. I might get spoiled by such an easy job.

 Then I went to best buy and got a tv. With the cable for cable and a dvd player it cost me $308, which I can’t complain about it. Plus it was easy as hell to carry. I looked at the tvs for a long time because I was a little embarrassed by just picking the cheapest one… so I pretended that I was evaluating them closely… but really, after you can't see the different screens next to each other… it doesn’t matter which screen has the marginally better picture! So whatever. Im pleased with myself.

 Im going to play cards with my friends tonight.. and then tomorrow im either going to go to a party-ish or see the drive in movie at bu which is the sex and the city movie followed by ironman!! So… we’ll see.

 Sorry I had to tell you about all of that… but it was important.

 -blythe

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

Goodness this is fun! I get all sorts of details about your life! I will be checking up on this regularly as well!