Thursday, September 25, 2008

Rodent Cat Marriage Dream

Before I forget, I have been having some pretty intense dreams that I DO remember when I wake up but have since forgotten... except the one last night which I'm going to try to tell. 

Ok, so I'm going to marry some man that I don't recognize in life, but obviously I did in my dream. So we're going to have this wedding and my fiance and I go into this basement to get stuff I guess and it's kind of messy, but there is also this tv that has this really interesting art on it... mostly in like black and red-- the art is kind of dark-looking. And the tv is rotating around the room, like moving and then pointing to an area for a bit and then moving to a different specific place. And then I see that it's pointing to a part of the room which actually has the art that's on the screen on it-- to clarify, it was art that was hidden in the semi-messy basement that was pointed out by this small tv screen and changed/enhanced in color. 

So as we're looking at this scene, I get sad and tell him that this was where I was going to have my other wedding. And then I realize I remember this place and my OTHER fiance (obviously only in the dream, not in life). 

Then I go to Walmart and in the middle there are areas with different kinds of pet rodents like guinea pigs and hamsters and stuff. So I pick some hamsters (that were bigger in my dream, but only a little) and I set them on the ground. And then I realize I should have put them back but they're already gone. Then I go to another one and I set those rodents on the ground and then remember I shouldn't have again. Then I go to a third one and I set those on the ground (only 2 or so out of each container). Then I decide this is ridiculous and I have to try to get these rodents back. So I catch one before it even leaves where my feet are. Then I see the other one a few yards away, and I'm about to go get it but instead I just open my arms to see if it will come to me. And then it looks REALLY SCARED and runs to me and I put it back. THEN I see this orange cat with like... a CRAZY FACE!! It looked REALLY messed up with big black eye-spots and the front looked smushed. So I run away to an aisle of Walmart and the cat comes too. So I FREAK OUT and start kicking the cat like... a LOOOT! The cat's not really resisting or anything. Then Julia Hodge, who I haven't seen since I graduated high school, comes and yells at me for kicking the cat. Then she tells me the cat is really famous and was going to be at my old wedding. Then she takes a MASK off of the cat and it looks pretty normal... and almost wise! And the cat is hurt but not in critical condition. He just looks at me and I feel TERRIBLE.

I don't know what happened, if anything, but I end up having the OLD wedding that I was going to have in the basement. This time I'm with a very tall, beautiful quiet man who is clearly very wise-- he's kind of the way I imagined Marcus Flutie from Second Helpings, because I never pictured Marcus with red hair. For whatever reason, I'm sad again. Then we're about to have the wedding and there are about 7 people sitting on fold-out chairs in this basement. When we sit down, the man and I are 3 or 4 people apart. Then we say at the same time "I wanna be next to Blane/Blythe" (this is when his name becomes Blane, which I knew in the dream). So everyone laughs because it's our wedding so we obviously want to sit next to each other. After we're next to each other, I hold him and he's so calm and ready and smells like matches and THEN I'm not sad anymore and I remember that I definitely wanted to be with Blane and it was lucky that I got out of my marriage with the other guy. 

Then I wake up and realized that I overslept my alarm. 

No comments: