Thursday, September 11, 2008

Busy Busy!!

So I've been running around like a crazy lady trying to get all of my stuff done. 
In fact, let me give you the low-down on my week.

Monday: 
-work from 9:30-11
-class from 11-12:30
-then i went home, ate lunch, and read a bit for my class the next day
-at 4pm i went to the Geddes lab to watch 2 videos for my writing class for Wednesday totaling in a bit more than 2 hours. 
-when i got home I decided to go grocery shopping and drop of a book at Jen O's place. However, I got side-tracked and stayed at Jen's until 8:20 (20 minutes after Gossip Girl started... I think that's right). 
-while going to the close grocery store, I see Caroline and Wolf going to Bed, Bath and Beyond, so I join them thinking I might get an air mattress. I don't because they are a million dollars but I stay to help pick out a comforter. Then we all go to the big grocery store. 
-I finally get home around 11pm, eat dinner, and sit down to start writing a treatment for a story due the next day. 
-I finish the story around 2am and go to bed. 

Tuesday:
-I wake up at 11am to get ready. 
-I leave the house at 11:50 to go and print my treatment. 
-at 12:30 I ate some sushi and read for my class more
-1-4pm video producing class
-from 4-5:45pm I visited Pat and ate dinner
-5:45 - 6:30pm I visited Elena and Brittany
-7pm - 9:30 (usually 10pm) Chords
(this is where I get to be a stinker)
-9:45pm- 1am... PUTZ AROUND! I read my own blog from 2005 for like... an hour. 
-1am-3am write radio story draft for the next day and then bed

Wednesday: 
-6:40am- wake up and don't take a shower. Email radio story. 
-7:10 leave to go to jury duty
-8am-1pm jury duty (which I'll tell you about)
-1:30pm I ate lunch a loaned a few movies to a friend
-then, since I was already excused because I wasn't sure when I would get back, AND I was exhausted,  I skipped the rest of my classes for the day. Thus from 3-7pm I napped. 
-then I PUTZED AGAIN!! This includes watching 2 episodes of Dawson's Creek and youtube-ing excessively.
-at 1am I started writing an overview of articles that I'd read earlier that day for anthro. 
-at 2am I took a shower.
-at 3:30am I fell asleep. 

Thursday (today): 
-woke up at 6:50am
-got to CAS to chalkboard for Chords auditions at 7:30am
-at 8am I went to the computer lab and finished my paper-thing. Then I delivered it to my teachers mailbox on Bay State. 
-at 9:45ish I got to the GSU for link tables.
-at 12: 40pm I left to go to work
-am currently at work until 4pm
-at 4pm I have to COM and meet with the TA for the class that I legitimately missed. It should be done before 4:30pm-- I should probably print another copy of my radio draft while we're at it.
-then I have until about 5:45pm to eat and whatever. 
-then at 6:15 I have to be all the way down at CFA to start the AUDITIONS!!!
-we'll be done after 10pm so I'll take the T down to Myles, stop by to say hi to Sas, and then visit with Elana. I don't know when that will end. 
-afterwards, I have to plan out my shots for Saturday and perhaps secure another actor. I also have to see if I need to finish anything for anthro. 

Friday (tomorrow) the plan is: 
-wake up by at least 7:30am if not earlier
-get to COM around 8:30am to get my camera for the weekend. Then I need to bring it all the way back home.
-I need to come back to Commonwealth again for work from 10am-1pm. 
-at 1pm I need to call my writing partner and read to him my draft, and he needs to read his to me.
-lunch around 2pm hopefully
-3-4pm is anthro
-then at night I'm hanging out with Claire C (from OCS). Also I might see Elana. Also I have to have radio notes emailed to my writing TA by midnight (but I should be able to get that done earlier). 

Wasn't that fun?
I was reading my journals starting in September of 2005 (and now I'm at December). I cannot believe I survived. Honestly, it was madness. I'm so glad that part of life is done. I MUST remember to help Meredith (my sister) when it comes time for college. If nothing else! I can't even believe how close I came to actually going insane. I may have been teetering on the edge, to be honest. 

I just need to mention that:
Saturday: MY FIRST CAMERA SHOOT!!! Also, fun at Harvard Square with Claire S and Elana!!!!
Sunday: MORE AUDITIONS FOR CHORDS!!!

Also, I need to talk about jury duty for a second.
I was SOOO impressed with how friendly and helpful EVERYONE in the courthouse was. They gave us a very nice speech about how they understand that jury duty is inconvenient but it's also very beautiful that in our country we get a legitimate chance to be tried by regular citizens. Also they reminded us that our country only calls on us twice and one is for the military and one is for jury duty. Also, every person that talked to us emphasized innocent until proven guilty! It was all very inspiring. Plus, no one really seemed pissed off to be there-- no one was short tempered and everyone greeted me with a good morning and a smile. I should write and tell them how great it was. 

So I walked into the court room and there were like... a jillion people there. And I saw the defendant and he was the scariest looking guy EVER and even though I didn't know what he was accused of, I felt sure that he did it. I felt like I'd seen him a million times on the discovery channel on like... a death row special. Anyway, he was being accused of raping and stabbing a woman to death!!! I was SO nervous being in the room with him... even though I knew nothing would happen. 

They asked us about a jillion questions related to being biased or knowing anyone involved or whatever. They asked if any of us or our families were involved in a rape crisis center and my mom was so I raised my hand, only for that one. A LOT of people raised their hands though. AND they told us that the trial would start on Monday and the evidence would probably all be presented by early next week... and then the jurors start deliberation. Then they took us away and I started to REALLY think they were going to pick me! Plus I couldn't decide if it was selfish to say that I couldn't give a week and half to this case. But really, missing two weeks would be irreparable damage! But also, it's not like I'm ever going to war for the country... but a trial by jury is a very beautiful thing and I want to be a part of that sort of system. 

When I was called in, the judge, who was the NICEST LADY EVER--I wanted her to be amongst my many grandmas-- asked why I raised my hand and I told her about the rape crisis thing. She asked if I thought I was biased and I answered with an honest "I don't think so." Then she asked if I went to Boston University, since I wrote only that I worked there. I said I was a full-time student and she said she didn't want me to miss 2 weeks of class and that I was excused. I was SUPER relieved. I'd really convinced myself that I was the perfect candidate for the jury and that they were going to pick me!

I'm exhausted. No more. That was LONG!



No comments: