Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Non-Relative 40-Year-Olds are Not Friends

Yesterday's success: I spent less than $50 on my weekly shopping! Mission accomplished!

Today we learned some very VERY basics about a camera so that we can do some shoots!! FOR TUESDAY!! I'm CRAZY excited. I just want to NOT do all of my homework due tomorrow and focus on making storyboards for my shoot. It's only 6 cuts... which isn't 6 scenes. It's 6 different times that you turn the camera on and off. LUCKILY I wrote a story with only 4 characters, all women, and only two settings. One is a dorm room. And my scene is in a dorm room with only two people! That was LUCKY!

In other news, I have jury duty tomorrow, which I'm pretty excited to do. I am all about my civic duty. BUUUT I really hope they don't make me do any long trials-- I'm a STUDENT! And I can't miss ANY DAYS! I'm already up a creek with missing this day. I think they should make the system better. That's right. I'm going to willy-nilly declare that the system should be improved whilst knowing nothing about how it works. I say, let's shorten this shit up! One day of trial. And you just sit in the damn room until everyone decides on a verdict. Like 12 Angry Men. EASY! No getting out of it. No picking your favorite jurors. Everyone just gets one day. We can even do it per year. One day a year you go. Done.

But actually, we'll just see how I feel after I've experienced the whole shabang.

On a completely side subject, I get a message on facebook from a 40-ish year old man entitled "Is your mom Rebecca?" which is my mom's name. The message goes:

When I was in Med school, you were a little kid, and your mom and I were friends if she is Rebecca. I always wondered what happened to the two of you. Respond if you get a minute. Thanks! Brad

That sounded perfectly legit. So I tell my mother about the message and she agrees that she knows him. I ask if I can give him her email address and she agrees. So I write:

Hi Brad,
Thank you for contacting me. My mother is Rebecca! I told her that you messaged me and she told me to give you her email address, if you want to talk to her directly.
(email address omitted)

Have a great day! My mother will be excited to hear from you!
Blythe

We should agree that this should have been the end of our correspondence. But nay:

Gee, you couldn't talk her into making her own Facebook page so I could find her here?? Thanks for responding. Shall I add you as a friend?? Brad

Ummm... No 40-year-old stranger. I told my mom about this email and she said he hadn't emailed her yet. Awkward.
He obvs gets no reply.

Important date: Sept. 26-- Obama/McCain debate! Arguably the best part of elections!

No comments: