Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Netflix is My Personal Heaven

MOST IMPORTANTLY, I have made the wisest decision I could ever make today, which is to sign up for netflix. I just spent about an hour orgasming over the site (I'm sorry to be graphic... but there is no other way to describe the intense pleasure!)!

SO, I don't know if you know this, but I'm KIND OF obsessed with the amazon.com feature where the site recommends things you're probably going to like. So then I go through and say what that I already have it or if I'm not interested in buying it. You NEVER have to stop that game, btw, because they can recommend FOREVER! I've spent I bet, if I honestly had to guess, about 8 hours of my life looking through things amazon thinks I might like.

THAT SAID, netflix is EVEN BETTER and I'll tell you why!:

1) It's only movies. Amazon knows that I mostly like/will buy movies, but I bought 2 sarongs once and now it randomly thinks I'm into fabrics.

2) Because of the monthly fee, I can actually make these movie dreams come true! On amazon, the practice is just masochistic since I obviously can't buy said movies!

3) (and possibily the funnest part!!) Netflix actually GUESSES how much I'm going to like EVERY MOVIE based on a scale of 1-5 stars. Then I can go through and rate the movies the way I actually would! And the coolest part was that it wasn't ever off by much! Only by about a half a star usually!!! THAT'S SO NEAT!!!! Although I did think it was funny that they thought I would give four stars to the movie Blue's Clues: Blue's Big Band. That's a little awkward... I half believe netflix.

ANYWAY, I also decided to apply for my absentee ballot today. I know I ALWAYS write about this, but they do NOT WANT YOU TO VOTE BY ABSENTEE BALLOT! I don't know who "they" is, but I can never find what district and ward and municipality I'm in. It's SO annoying! I wrote the PA voting site and told them that they need to put that information, AND what's going to be on the ballot, on the site. Especially since the site tells you that it recommends you bring a list of candidates and issues that are going to be on the ballot TO the voting booth. I was like "ummm could you just GIVE ME what's on the ballot?" Especially since the questions are different for each state. ugh.

That said, everyone should vote!!! Also, Obama's voteforchange.com was really really helpful (it makes sense that Obama would put money towards making absentee voting easier! That could be a third of his supporters!)! Even if you're not voting for Obama, you should use the site!

Also, I got an A on my first production project where I had to do the 6 shots. He said "This is a good story, well written with a lot of nice detail. it shows a talent for inventing a story and filming it with intricate details."

HELLZ YEAH!

Two days ago, I was looking through my camera case, and I found a check from this summer that I forgot to deposit for $287!!!!!! !!!!! That's AWWWWWWWWESOME!!!! It was my inspiration for netflix.

Also, I think I'm going to go to the Hanson concert in Providence, RI. It's in the works.

NATALYA IS STILL HERE!! We're having a shit-ton of fun!!! She just got a job for about $500 a WEEK!!! which she can start anytime between now and November. SO she might stay and get an apartment, or she might go to State College, or Polland... or Argentina. It's up in the air. I'll keep... my blog updated on that information...

No comments: