Monday, October 27, 2008

Essay on My Day... Because I'm Egotistical

Twas a big day today, ya'll.

It all started on Saturday night (/Sunday morning), when I decided to start Being John Malcovitch at 3am. I mistakenly belived I would be able to stop around 4am... but nay I had to watch the entire thing. VERY GOOD!!! Arguably brilliant. So at 5am I went to bed, only to wake up at 8:45am to be at Chinatown at 10am for food anthro (which was pretty great). Then I had to book it back to register at 12:30pm (BTW I chose to take CHINESE anthro and GREEK DRAMA (at the advise of my drunk roommate who called me an hour later to ask where I was (in my room next to her) and to tell me she was wasted... which I had obviously learned an hour earlier) ... as well as screenwriting and television and childhood).

THEN I had a meeting with my video production team at 1pm which took until like.. 4:30pm!!! Crazy! And then I was REALLY sleepy so I went home and turned on the tv (I don't know why) and saw that Good Will Hunting was on. For some reason, the first time I watched it, I wasn't in love with it. But even though I only watched the last 45 minutes, I LOVED IT! I think it's because of my new love for Matt Damon ... who, by the way, gets better and better EVERY DAY! THEN I took an 45 minute snooze and THEN I went to chords. We learned "Zoot Suit Riot," which sounds great.

After chords I got a text from my tv writing partner telling me that she worked on our outline (which we have been working on for a while and just had to make some adjustments on). She told me to look it over and make any changes I wanted. I was going to but I ended up falling asleep at like 11:30pm INTENDING on waking up early so I could a) look over the outline and b) do my work for my producing 1 meeting at 8pm.

WELL I decided to just check the outline at work because I don't do anything anyway. SO I woke up at 8:30am and went to work. Then I go on my email and look up the outline and it turns out it is NOT DONE! And my partner texted me asking me if I looked at it! So I'm trying to look over it but we have to add a scene and change the format slightly. And THEN my boss comes over because she wants to assign me to a project! So we have a meeting with this lady and they tell me that they want me to change my schedule... and that they want me to work on some School of Education journal (I THINK) but I didn't really get it. And then they start asking me questions about my major and I'm starting to panick about not being able to finish.

Then they finally let me go and I still have an hour before I have to BE at class across the street. So I go back to the computer, but my boss wants me to take something downstairs... which is fine. So I take the thing down and come back. And then this guy comes in and asks me to make a copy of something. So I go upstairs, and it turns out he wants copies from a BOOK (which means I have to do one page at a time instead of just putting it in the machine). And he wants me to do page 30-103. So it took FOREVER! So I had to text my partner and ask if she could write the last scene (I don't feel bad about that at ALL though because ONE of us had to do it and I did ALL of our other stuff...). But I'm still panicking because I'm not sure if she'll get the text or do it or anything. So then I get back downstairs and get on the computer and my new boss tells me she wants to me to make some copies. So I go BACK upstairs (and I'm jogging now) to get the copies, which only took a few minutes. Then I come back downstairs and my regular boss needs another thing brought downstairs. And then my new boss wants me to check her mail upstairs. and I have less than 20 minutes to finish my thing, email it to myself so it's saved, print it, and GET TO CLASS! So I do all the stuff, print it, and end up getting to the class 3 minutes early.

So I get to class, and I go to my partner to apologize and see what we both have (again... I don't feel like I stuck her with anything...) and she tells me that we need a cover sheet and a scene outline! THANK GOD she did them! Without parenthesis, I'm going to reinerate that I do NOT feel guilty that she did it. We had already written the scene outline, we just didn't put it on that actual paper. And a cover page is nothing. And I had done all of the other parts of our project. BUT I do feel bad that I didn't think about checking up to make sure everything was fine. But whatever, she did it.

But THEN my professor asks us for a revised beat sheet, which I know means nothing but basically we did like a thousand beat sheets, and then we turned the last one in and got graded. So when she asked for a revised one, we were like WTF?! And then she asked for the notes from us and our partners. SO, I happened to have a copy of the notes I gave (but not my partners) and one set from ONE of the people we worked with but not the other one. Whatever. So, because we're always asked to make a jillion copies of things, my partner had one of our old beat sheets so we just turned that in.
I FELT LIKE SHIT! But I think a lot of groups did the same stuff miraculously because practically everyone was searching around and a lot of us were missing a piece or needing a stapler. So... whatever. In the past.

This is going to be a little off my overall story, but I kind of like when you get to the state where you can no longer do anything about your situation and you get this wave of acceptance. Like, while I was at work and the time was running out I was like "I can still make it if I go fast enough! FUCK! Go faster!!!" But after I got to class and I learned we were missing things... there was a wave of relief... I was just like "Fuck it. It's all in the past now. Just turn in what we have and accept our fate."

ANYWAY, in class we got to watch the pilot of The West Wing, which was AMAZING! So... netflixing that. I'm just amazed because it was a pilot... which usually SUCK! AND Rob Lowe is in it... and he's not exactly golden (although he is hot as hell!). Although Allison Janney is my hero...

SO THEN I went to the computer lab and researched my producing project until I was about to starve to death. Then I ate at the dining hall. Then I went to anthro from 3-4.

THEN I went to my Avid training at 4 which was assigned for 2 hours but I thought it wouldn't be that long. It WAS! I can't decide if I'm really excited to edit or REALLY SCARED! But I kind of want to do it tomorrow before I forget basics. We do have a manual thing which has pictures... and I took good notes. We'll see. If I REALLY learn Avid, I'm going to be really happy about it in the future.

At 6pm I decided to cancel ALL of my dates for baking. Because ACTUALLY I decided to bake tonight for our Chords bake sale (we need money BADLY). So interestingly enough, last week I spur-of-the-moment asked Andrea to bake with me because I wanted to hang out with her. THEN, a few days later, I invited Brittany and Elena to come over to bake with me because they had been wanting to. Of course they never do, so I kind of figured they wouldn't. Then later I noticed that Erin and Spiegs from my group signed up to bake with me. And then LATER I made an arrangement to meet my producing group at 8pm on this baking day (which, if I'm being confusing, is today).

WELL I basically told them ALL not to come. Got to be too much. I actually was holding out on Andrea, but I had to cancel with her too because my place is SOOO messy that I couldn't bear to come back from my meeting, go to the store, and THEN clean my room... and THEN entertain/bake... possibly missing my Daily Show and Colbert Report.

ANYWAY... came back from Avid and went to the computer lab and got as much as possible done for my meeting. Then we met. Then I went to the store. Then I got home and saw that I got my Cultural Literacy: What Every American Needs to Know. So I started to read that (which is AWESOME). Then I watched my men (Stewart, Colbert, Letterman, and Ferguson) from 11pm-1:30am. Notably, Kathy Griffin was on Ferguson (with her emmys!!), which was basically a dream come true.

AND NOW it's 2:30am. I'm watching Bridget Jones' Diary (which I don't really like... even though I LOVE the book). I still haven't baked. And I have to wake at 8am to be at the link on time. LAME. But still a good day. Seemed like a Wednesday though...

SORRY FOR THE WORD VOMIT! But to be fair... this is MY blog and you can skim! haha.

Also, I finished "Heart of the Matter." WHOO!

No comments: