Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Movies, Smut, and Smells

I've got some things to address but I won't remember if I don't make a list right now:
1) netflix
2) AFI
3) new classes
4) olfactory
5) Thursday
6) Twilight
7) Nick and Nora's Infinite Playlist, The Duchess

1) I just want to mention that the netflix is going GREAT! It's essentially one of my new favorite sites. Recently I've watched both D3: The Mighty Ducks 3 and Eyes Wide Shut on the actual site. D3 was the most anti-climactic of the 3 Duck movies. The end seemed like it should have been the middle. Awkward. Eyes Wide Shut was shit. Even though I respect Stanley Kubrick and I have no problem with Tom Cruise (as an actor) or Nicole Kidman, the story was total bullshit. It reminded me of Edmond with William H. Macy-- just no story at all! All shock value and fake depth. They clearly didn't want to tell a tale.

2) So at some point I wanted to see all of the American Film Institute's top 100 movies. I only ended up seeing about a quarter of them, and it was hard because I couldn't buy those movies: I probs wouldn't see them again. BUUUUT I learned a while ago that they were doing a 10th anniversary edition of the top 100 movies in 2008 and low... they have. So I just want to put down some info about it. (If you want to see the entire list...)

The following were put on the list (I was going to put the ones that were taken off, but it seemed irrelevant):
18. The General (1927)
49. Intolerance (1916)
50. Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring (2001) (I will now watch it. Sealed.)
59. Nashville (1975)
61. Sullivan's Travels (1941)
63. Cabaret (1972)
67. Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf? (1966)
71. Saving Private Ryan (1998)
72. The Shawshank Redemption (1994) (YES!)
75. In the Heat of the Night (1967)
77. All the President's Men (1976)
81. Spartacus (1960)
82. Sunrise (1927)
83. Titanic (1997) (YEEEES!!)
85. A Night at the Opera (1935)
87. 12 Angry Men (1957)
89. The Sixth Sense (1999) (truth.)
90. Swing Time (1936)
91. Sophie's Choice (1982)
95. The Last Picture Show (1971)
96. Do the Right Thing (1989)
97. Blade Runner (1982)
99. Toy Story (1995)

(I've seen only 25 movies on the entire list)

3) Turns out we're registering for classes in TWO WEEKS!!! But when I went to the meeting today, which was a miracle they did NOT advirtise well (ironic given that it's communications), I got SOOOOO EXCITED ABOUT MY CLASSES!! I cannot even WAIT! I LOOVE being a TV major!

4) I think my sense of smell has been heightened. I feel like I'm being bombarded by smells constantly! Particularly in my apartment. And I don't think we're not being clean... so it's rough.

5) I feel sad because I haven't seen a LOT of my friends in more than a week, if not two. The thing is that I always have a shit-ton of work on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. Then the weekend is such another animal. BUUUT given my new obsession with The Office (and I have to be honest, I'd MUCH rather experience it on my own... and I really don't want to watch it online because... I'm a TV major and it seems SO rude to the ratings that I will obey in the future-- that is legitimate). So I've decided that I'm staying in on Thursday to watch The Office and absolutely finish or nearly finish "Heart of the Matter." Done.

6) Last night I reread some of the smuttier parts of Breaking Dawn (I'm not ashamed...) and so today I was thinking about it all day. So then I got to think about what would happen if people could read my mind (nature of the beast with that book) and I thought that it would be PRETTY fun if someone could read mine then. Just sayin... that would be the best part about reading minds.

7) Yeah... I just need to see those movies. Especially the Michael Cera one which got good reviews even though it kind of looks like shit... but I would watch anything with Michael Cera. Also, I don't know if it's everywhere... but that fucking chihuahua movie did the best at the box office this weekend. WTF!?

No comments: