Tuesday, October 21, 2008

My Economic Solution

I'm PRETTY SURE that Bill Clinton explained the economic crisis really well on The Late Show. I'm going to re-watch it when it goes on youtube.

I just want to know why we can't create jobs by investing in alternative energy. I'm just saying that if we're going to start making hybrids in America and we're going to start REALLY using solar and wind energy and we're going to fix ALL of our buildings to make them carbon neutral... isn't that a LOT of jobs? EVERY BUILDING! Can't we just make our recycling systems ACTUALLY useful? Have more companies creating new types of containers and methods of distributing that replace ALL of the ones we have now? I just don't understand why we're not doing that.

Update: I'm pretty sure Clinton JUST said that (about energy). When it goes up, I'm going to put that Letterman interview on here because he's just SO GOOD! I would LOVE to have been politically aware when Clinton was president!

Update 2.0: As it turns out, I missed the first 6ish minutes of Clinton's interview (trying to balance with The Colbert Report. I've learned that Letterman usually doesn't start his interviews until the second half... I don't really wanting to be trying to stay up for The Report at 1:30am).

BUT I think Clinton was suggesting using the need to help with global warming as a way to get the economy rolling again (I don't know if it sounds like I'm giving myself too much credit... but to set the record straight, I'm CERTAIN I've heard that idea before and it sounded like some interests that I'd like to combine).

ANYWAY, I really think Clinton is AWESOME and I HIGHLY recommend you watch the interview here, and here, and here! (3 parts)
I KNOW no one is going to watch it. But I REALLY think it's helpful to understand what's happening.

No comments: