Sunday, December 28, 2008

Ben Button, Boredom Sleep, and Leaving Home

So two nights ago, I AGAIN couldn't handle the Harry Potter (end of the third book!! who COULD handle it?), and ended up staying up until 8:30am! Ernie woke before I went to bed.

My mom ended up waking me up at 1pm to go look at computers, and I woke up fine. No issue. Although we didn't end up getting a computer because... I was too nervous about the moneys... /didn't have any. THEN we went to the Edgemont theater and saw The Curious Case of Benjamin Button! I thought it was excellent!! Although I would change a few things:

1) It was on the premise Brad Pitt's diary that Cate Blanchett was having her daughter read before she dies. I think that was lame. I would rather just have like... a regular narrator because they kept going back to Cate and they didn't even make a master point about it from there perspective. In my mind, the directer saw that it didn't help the movie, but since the daughter is like... a semi-name actress, they probs didn't want to cut the part altogether.
2) There was a nice little tale that old Cate told before the Benjamin story that wasn't put in very well. It was like... pretty awkwardly placed.

Other than that, I thought the movie was great. Brad Pitt was very good, Cate Blanchett ALWAYS is, and the supporting characters, especially the mom, I thought were great! ALSO, the makeup situation was unbeLIEVABLE! like... the way they made them go from young to old and back was incredible. There is this part where Brad Pitt is in front of the mirror looking at his old man body and... it was FLAWLESS!! And they made him even younger than he is, which seems even HARDER to me. You could tell they wanted consistency soooo badly that they even doubed this like... 8 year olds voice to sound more like Cate... which was actually a LIIIIITTLE distracting, but I appreciated the effort. I feel like that's one of the worst parts about movies with multiple ages is that they aren't consistant enough and you don't believe it. Like... the old man in the notebook is NOT Ryan Gosling. That pisses me off! But they also made him get younger at a GREAT pace... although the movie was SOOOOO LONG!! It was like 3 hours, and that usually upsets me unless it's like... Titanic. But I'll forgive this one.

Anyway, I was starving when I got home around 6pm and I ASSUMED we were going to have dinner, so I went in my room and fell asleep. I woke up at 12:30am STARVING, stayed up until 4am-ish, woke again at 10:30am this morning, and boredom slept until 3pm!!! That's RIGHT! BOREDOM SLEPT! I only do that at home. Which brings me to the next topic...

I'm probably going go to Boston on Tuesday instead of Wednesday. I need to remember to:

1) email my work on "Slave for You" to myself
2) make all of my cds (I'm taking ALL of the Beatles from my parents that I don't already have because you can't buy that shit on iTunes-- take THAT Michael Jackson! You just lost like... $40!!-- it's actually over 100 songs! LOTS of work)
3) do my laundry!!!
4) make sure I have enough money to get back!
5) ask my mom to buy my books, she already said she would!
6) find a way to bring a SHIT TON of books back. I just want the entire Harry Potter series and all of the Meghan McCafferty books, even if they aren't as good anymore. If I can't, fine. But I'm going to try.

No comments: