Sunday, December 14, 2008

KEVIN IS HERE. And More.

Ok, here are ALL the deals.

1) KEVIN IS HERE RIGHT NOW!! Also, he is staying indefinitely a' la Natalya. Last night was nice because we hung out with Rachael and Amanda for a while, and then we came back to my place with Amanda, and then Elena and Matt came over. AND Katherine was there. So it was a nice little reunion.

2) ALSO, Kevin has a JILLION PICTURES of Australia. Like... a JILLION!!! We looked at them for like... an hour (possibly literally) and we STILL haven't seen them all. I'm just saying... I might not even NEED to go to Australia because I already know everything now.

3) I have another money situation. I started getting really nervous because my next paycheck isn't until Friday (which is after I leave) and I don't have direct deposit. Usually, I can think of SOME way that I can get money quickly... (like how I counted all of my coins before) but I couldn't think of any. That is, until last night, when I brilliantly decided to sell back my books!!
BUT I should really see if I can get direct deposit now because otherwise I'll just have $120 sitting at BU while I'm poor at home/in Colorado.

4) I got a package from my grandma JoAnne yesterday! They were earrings that she bought for me when she thought she was going to see me in the summer. She has VERY excellent taste. My grandma, my mother, and I have very similar taste in jewelry.

5) Tonight is our pitch party. I still haven't decided which songs I'm going to pitch. I know one will be "Soon We'll be Found" by Sia, which is a TRULY amazing song!! Usually I don't become attached to songs instantly, but this one played on Letterman like... two weeks ago and I've been OBSESSED since. I think I might pitch new or old Britney, because... as an all girls group, we might want to have a little ode to her.

6) I hope I really do study for my exam. I'm worried that I won't care enough about it and then I'll fail the class. It's impossible to know how I'm doing in it right now, as I cannot recall any grades. Damn. I'm just worried especially because if Kevin stays I might get really distracted.

7) I saw Forgetting Sarah Marshall the other day, which was pretty good. Mila Kunis is GORGIOUS!! I do really like the Judd Apatow humor because it pushes the edge of what's appropriate but in a different way than Adam Sandler or Will Ferrell. I did write more, but then I erased it because I thought it sounded foolish. I just think if you read a Judd Apatow script, you'd know it was him.... in a good way.
I also saw The Last King of Scotland. Forrest Whitaker was OBVIOUSLY amazing and James McAvoy was OBVIOUSLY attractive but nothing really special. I also saw this movie called Mysterious Skins, because I'm having a brief, but defined, obsession with Joseph Gordon-Levitt. It was like... the scariest thing ever. Actually there were only a few parts that made me want to die... but they're kind of ingrained. It's primarily about the effects of child sexual harrassment. I'd recommend on the level of Alpha Dog, meaning it's almost not great except I love it, and it's really dark.

8) Last thing... but all of my shows are over until the new year (I'm specifically talking about The Daily Show, The Colbert Report, The Office, and 30 Rock), which I guess is fine (except not really). BUUUUUUT, I've actually spent a lot of time thinking about what I should do when my shows are back on but I'm in Colorado. Like... should I just not watch them? ISN'T THAT THE WORST THING YOU'VE EVER HEARD!?? That I have to put thought into that. When I haven't seen my dad in 1.5 years!!!
Yes. I think so too.

9) Also, I still need to remember that finding an internship is the most important thing to do. I wonder how much money I could reasonably get by working a lot next semester? I guess I need to discuss with my mom. I still haven't picked out a computer and here's what I'm thinking. Maybe I'll just collect money for surviving next year at my internship. The only problem is that my computer is dying. And especially when I'm alone in the summer, what am I going to do without a computer? Right now, I'm using a computer in the computer lab. Maybe I can intern through BU over the summer in LA and get housing. Actually though, I think I'd need a car and a license to go there. But I don't think BU does a New York program. And I'd love to just stay in Boston. Maybe I can get an off campus apartment and start living there over the summer. But then I would need a roommate who could do that too or I'd be paying for them, right? Plus, I would need to start NOW if that was going to be my plan.

Do you ever not consider things in your personal realm of possibility and then you remember that they totally are!? Like, I never even THINK of going abroad because... I just never consider myself going abroad. There isn't anything to it at all. I just don't consider that within my means even though it totally is. Same with an off-campus apartment. I just never considered that to be an option. To be honest, I didn't even consider an ON-campus apartment until I accidently got into one.

My grandpa and I agree that I'm really low on ambition. Which I know sounds like an AWFUL thing to say... but also I'm happy like... ALL the time.

Whatever. I think I need to talk these things out with my mom or someone in an office. Ugh, I'm having a sleepy-pocket just THINKING of it. Decisions suck.

No comments: