Wednesday, December 3, 2008

No Caffeine!

Finals time is such a funny time. Everyone is freaking out and everything comes together at once and you don't see how you could POSSIBLY get everything done. And EVERYONE feels the same exact way! It's funny that we do this twice a year. I was reading Claire's blog and she began her statements with a disclaimer about how lucky we really are, which is SO true and I love her for making some perspective. But it's sooo hard!!

Anyway, I'm really pleased with myself. Because I started sleeping during the day and staying up all night in my Thanksgiving solitude, I decided on Sunday that I couldn't drink any caffeine so I had a HOPE of going to bed at a reasonable hour (which I KIND OF did (in bed by 2:30, asleep by 3:15ish)). Then I woke up at 8:30am on Monday and was PERFECTLY fine, which was LUCKY. Although I passed out from like 4-9pm. Then I stayed up until like 3ish again. I did not drink ANY soda Monday either! (Which, if you don't know, is like... already a record since I drink 2 sodas on a bad day and 4 on a regular (I know it's bad)). Then Tuesday I woke up at 8:30am again. I did NOT take a nap. Rather, they took away the electricity from 1-5am Wednesday morning. I had to watch the Daily Show and Colbert Report and then I went to the 24 hour lab. I started working at about 12:45 and I thought I would be done around 3:30 ish. I ended up getting home around 5:30am!!! It took WAY longer than I thought! STILL NO CAFFEINE AT ALL!!! Then I woke up at 10am and stayed up doing work and going to class until 4pm. Then I went home, took a half hour snooze, ALMOST KILLED MYSELF when I had to get up again for my class at 5pm... but I DID IT!! With NO CAFFEINE!!

I know it doesn't seem that amazing... but I could not be more pleased with myself. Anyway, I'm going to quit soda... if that wasn't obvious. I'm up to 4 days. That's good. I actually started because I didn't get a headache at all when I didn't have any caffeine for more than 24 hours and I took it as a sign to quit while I'm ahead!
I have also been conditioning my hair so that I only have to wash it every other day! I'm proud of that too!!

1 comment:

Claire said...

I admire your no caffeine streak! I, for one, plan on buying several energy drinks in order to get me through the next two days. I seriously doubt I can survive any other way.

Also, I love when I know you've read my blog!! :)