Monday, April 27, 2009

Doin' Okay

So... last night I had a hard time sleeping. 

Here is what I have for this week: 

Due Wednesday: 
-Final children's show project, including pitch. This is... ... a LOT done... and yet not much done at the same time. It needs to be heavily fleshed out, probs 4 hours work. 
-5-7 page Chinese Anthro paper. Have not begun. Have not read anything. Have not picked a topic. I did this on the last paper, wrote in one night, and got a B... so I'm not TERRIFIED... although I'm equally proud and not proud of that fact. Also, these topics are more fun than the last ones... because this is more about Chinese tradition and everyday life and less about government stuff and timelines. 
-Rough draft for final script, not to be turned in, but to be workshopped. It's supposed to be 8 to 10 pages and it's already 7 and a bit... but that stuff needs to be worked on. If it comes down to it, I could not change it really at all... but I would really LIKE to get as much workshopped as possible. 

Now, it is almost 9pm on Monday and I have no class tomorrow, BUUUUT I am singing for Corina's class and have to meet them at 11:30am. Then I'm having a lunch with my boss at 12:30pm (I hope she offers me a job for the summer or something... because, no offense to her, and it is a lovely gesture, but... it's a waste of time. I don't need food that much). Then I have to go to work for 3 hours. Then we have the Chords pitch party which, if I REALLY fuck up tonight (PLEASE DON'T FUCK UP, BLYTHE!), then I won't be able to go. Hopefully it will be less time than our scheduled practice. 

THURSDAY after 5pm, we're shooting the rest of my movie... so I have to have storyboarded (and possibly rewritten the end of the script.. /DEFINITELY rewritten it) the screenplay. 

FRIDAY my final script is due at noon. Also, Kevin is coming. 

SATURDAY we're recording all day... and then some REAL fun with Kevin and probs Amanda and whoever else wants to join. 

SOOOO back to where I began with how I couldn't sleep last night. It was totally my fault, and surely due to the fact that I ate a lot of chocolate at like 3am. Plus, I wanted to have been doing work... but wasn't. Because I can be a real fool. 

At 5am I was so serious about going to bed, it hurt... but at 6am I started to really panic. At some point I did fall asleep and at 10:30am, my alarm work me up. I don't have class until 2pm, so I decided I would go to work after class and sleep until then because I'm obviously going to have to stay up late tonight and I don't want to have had only a few hours of sleep. As I was deciding, I thought I should write down the dream I had because... last night after I wrote my blog I decided to keep a notebook next to my bed to record my dreams. 

This is what I dreamt: 
It was night time and I was leading some boy down a hill away from somewhere.. I don't know where... that he wanted to be. I was telling him things to make him forget that I was leading him away... like whispering in his ear... and it was working... he was completely dazed... and I really did feel sneaky, definitely trying to manipulate him. 

Then we come across a restaurant that advertised their wine on the outside. I thought that if I could get him to this restaurant, he would definitely forget about the other place and would probably come with me to the city. So as I'm pointing to the wine and I guess trying to convince him that we should go in... and he's kind of agreeing with me... these two women, dressed in like... Jane Austen attire (that in my dream was appropriate for the restaurant) came out slowly and said "hello" in kind of a scary-ish way... and he definitely knew the women... and I knew he knew them and that they were bad. So I look at him and he looks sad. I ask him if he wants to go back to where we originally were, the place I was leading him away from, and he nods, relieved, and says "yeah." Then I wake up. 

I'M the creepy one in THAT dream!

ANYWAY, as I'm writing the dream down, I get a series of texts. So I semi-respond to the texts. Then I'm finishing writing my dream when there is a banging on my door. So I put my clothes on, but before I get to the door, the people already come in to take away the refrigerator (I told the school about it last night at like... 8pm... VERY prompt. Also, I spent like... an hour and a half REALLY cleaning it with comet and everything.... I was proud). So then I move stuff around for them. Then I go to the bathroom. Then I go back into my room, take my clothes off again, and lay back down because the people took away the refrigerator while I was in the bathroom. 

Then, right when I lay down, I hear a banging again. So I put my clothes back on and get the door because they forgot to bring the key and they were also delivering the new refrigerator. So this time I stayed in the doorway so I could thank them, but they had a hard time getting the new one in, so it was a while. I thanked them as they left, but they forgot their little metal lift-thing so I ran to give it to them before they left. Then I get back in bed.

But now I'm REALLY awake... so, even though I usually don't have this problem, it was REALLY hard for me to go back to sleep. I end up deciding to skip my class... which MIGHT have been stupid, but I've only skipped the class one other time... so whatever. 

I took so long describing all that, that all my left-out stuff will be in bullets. 

-Pat and I officially have a new apartment now. And it's WAY better than the other one because it's a) cheaper, b) has furniture.... we don't need to sleep on air mattresses, c) we can move in before June 1st so I probably won't need someplace to keep my stuff, d) she's leaving her bike and Pat can use it for the summer instead of buying one, and e) no other roommates. 

-Chords concert went great. I thought we were dressed really lovely. Also, it was the first day that REALLY felt like summer. The whole day was pretty surreal because I wore my dress (senior prom dress... glad there was a reason for me to bring that here after all) and I felt really pretty and the perfect temperature. Plus, we didn't even need a jacket in the evening... and EVERYONE was outside, both because of the weather and because Warren Towers like... burned down leaving the approx 1680 kids stranded for 1.5 hours... but they didn't seem to mind too much because it was such nice weather. Plus, people I didn't know were complimenting me on the street. AND the Chords game night was fun because we played the write a sentence and then draw the sentence on the next page game!! And everyone was REALLY into it! And there were 16 people so it was REALLY funny. 

-While I'm still grappling about the summer, I've been having secret fantasies about what to do ever since I decided that I no longer care (which I'm positive has lowered my blood pressure a great deal). BUUUT today was the first time that I actually voiced them. I told them to Elena and she seemed to think that it was perfectly viable... which was REALLY encouraging. I was also going to talk to my mom about it today, but when I called, she said she was sick and I decided to wait. Although, when I was walking with Pat the other day, he seemed to have everything really put together and he was STILL worried about it... and it gave me a LITTLE anxiety... but I think it's going to be okay. 

STILL HAVE TO GET NEW PANTS!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Lol, your dreams creep ME out!!

So what are you doing this summer??