Sunday, April 5, 2009

Strangely, The Office (The Wheels on my Obsessions Go 'Round and 'Round)

All I want to say at the moment is that I've been re-watching a LOT of The Office lately... like pretty much the entire series... a LOT of it today. Those first seasons are SO GOOD though... and it kind of made me especially sad that this season kind of sucks. Also, during this time I was like... "man, it's been so long since I watched these" but actually it's only been a few months since I watched the entire series. Problem? Maybe. 

ANYWAY! So, obviously this spurs hours of looking at interviews of the various cast online... checking out the imdb... or if I REALLY need to know some information, wikipedia. While I was watching an interview with John Krasinski (possibly with Craig Ferguson that I somehow missed/ it was in September when I didn't watch him every night), Craig, or whoever the host was asked what's going to be happening with Jim and Pam. AAAAAND John Krasinski said that they don't really have an arc because of the WRITERS STRIKE!!! I was like OOOOOOOOOOOHHHH!!! Now it makes sense that it sucks so bad! All the shows had to be made to be independent of one another... go out of order. Or something like that...

I officially forgive The Office

Plus, John Krasinski is going to be in some movie called Away We Go with Maya Rudolph and Allison Janney and Catherine O'Hara and directed by Sam Mendes (American Beauty, Revolutionary Road). I really do love that character he plays...he has a soothing voice and a sincere face and I love when guys that are really tall and chill do that towering slow walk with the shoulders kind of hunched and their hands in their pockets. I know you know exactly what I'm talking about. Plus this movie has the independent feel to it which let's people explore themselves a little more, I think... and he has a big beard which I find pretty attractive. And it's about pregnancy... and we all know that's my secret favorite genre (preferably teen... but I like it in all flavors (that was kind of a weird way to put it)). BUUUT if it's good, Claire and I can add it to the list of movies to screen at our "Your Eggo's Not Preggo" party... which was designed because of the brilliant pregnancy genre. 
(I just had a vision of someone that I know becoming pregnant and have the party with the opposite title. Crazy.)

On a tangent, the funny/sincere thing about obsessions is that they don't necessarily go together and thus don't define you. Michael Cera and Bob Dylan couldn't guest star on The Office. 
Am I defining them?
Actually Michael Cera COULD guest star on The Office... but it would be weird seeing him in the vicinity of Bob Dylan.

ANYWAY can't totally talk about the work load yet. The storm has passed though...

Also, tomorrow we're registering for classes. I just came up with the ones I wanted to take today and I can't say they were the most thought-out choices I've ever made. But I don't care.

No comments: