Sunday, November 30, 2008

BRITNEEEEY!

ONE. Britney's documentary was pretty wonderful! It was soooo heartbreaking, mostly because she was TRYING to be so positive-- nothing touches my heart like sincerely doing everything you can to make the best out of a situation!! But it was so obvious that she wasn't happy a LOT of the time.
Today I got an issue of Entertainment Weekly (50 Sexiest Movies -- VERY disappointing) and there was an article about how entertainment reflects the political climate. For the past ... many... years movies and shows have been reflecting drama and conspiracy and sadness. And now that Obama is here, the climate is about hope and change... and so people are probs going to be willing to watch a more pro-government or happy ending or hopeful stories.
ANYWAY, I was thinking about it and Britney is totally on this trend. I mean, considering how she's regular talented and regular beautiful and regular smart... but she is just SOOOO good at being a performer and being at the right place at the right time and ... cueing in to the mass needs. Now I'm not saying her specific LIFE is better or worse because of it... BUUUUT I do feel like it could be right for her to come back out and be a performer again when our nations spirit is one of revival and openmindedness and happy endings. I just feel like a comeback is in the stars for her. I hope so. I think she's great!

When I started writing this, I was totally engulfed in the anxiety that comes after total relaxation. Like, I can tell that I'm in a mentally better place than I was before break. I'm definitely feeling more introspective and ready for positive changes (not because life's not working now... just because positive change is always the healthy way to look). BUUUUUT, I got this huge wave of anxiety this morning and it climaxed a few minutes ago. I was just like "what if I fuck it all up NOW!!>??" I'm refering to this semester. I don't know. I'm ready for a few more weeks of HARD work and then a big break! And even BETTER than the break... is just starting all over. That's the best because you're not locked into your decisions. Now I keep thinking that I'm going to mess up and fail something after all of this work and when I can't do anything about it anymore. I know that I just need to breathe. Be strong like Britney.

1 comment:

Claire said...

I cannot wait for Britney's new CD. Dying. That documentary was kind of depressing, though.