Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Now That I Look at It, a Breakdown of How Procrastination Works

I feel like everyone goes through this but I am constantly convincing myself of new things as the day goes on. For instance, every SINGLE morning that I wake up I'm always so distraught to leave my bed... so I mentally calculate how I'm going to incorporate a nap in the middle of the day-- "I'm going to skip lunch here and race home and I'll get 40 minutes of nap yadda yadda." Then I get up and take a shower and go and by the time my scheduled naptime rolls around, I usually don't need one. OR even more interestingly, I won't take my nap but then I'll get inexplicably EXHAUSTED 10 minutes before I have to leave for somewhere. BUT, if I miraculously DON'T have to go, if it gets cancelled last minute, I no longer have to nap! SOMETIMES if I'm not falling asleep fast enough... like if it's 2am and I need to get up at 8am... I'll say to myself "Blythe, if you don't go to sleep... then you're going to HAVE to do your laundry/read this article/whatever" and then I become instantly droopy-eyed-- that's LUCKY!

ANYWAY, last night I fell asleep RIGHT before midnight and I was sooo sad about today because I was going to have to do so much stuff. So I woke up around 7:45am (I set my alarm for 11am) but I decided to go back to sleep. I woke up about 3 more times before noon when I ACTUALLY woke up because I had to get ready and do my dishes before people came over for our shoot. Then at 4pm I unfortunately decided to watch Sex and the City, and that's it, before Chords. And then I panicked after Chords because 10:15 on isn't that much time. BUT I made a HUGE dinner for myself and then watched Stewart and Colbert (NOT reruns) AND THEN watched Letterman even though I though I was going to skip it. AND THEN I watched ALL of Ferguson!!! While playing free cell!!! (29 times!!! (won 22, lost 7-- not bad...)! And throughout this time, I've been re-calculating in my head all the things I have to do.

FIRST, I thought I was going to do this write-up for articles for anthro (which I can't even discuss because I'm so embarrassed... but suffice to say it should have been done). AND this write up for producing! AND my 13 minutes of good Sex and the City script. And studying for the quiz. AND doing a little research on this anthro thing.

NOW I'm only doing the script and the studying tonight. The rest will be done high on adrenaline tomorrow!

I know that was an anti-climactic story. But I'm a little nervous because it's 2am and I have to get this printed out way before class (like tonight, ... I have to go kind of far to get it printed in the middle of the night) because Stephanie is coming over to help me carry all of the shooting equipment at 10:30am. LAME.

I HOPE I DON'T FUCK IT UP!

No comments: