Sunday, November 16, 2008

Daddy's Birthday!

So today was my daddy's birthday! I am WRETCHED at remembering birthdays! I forgot my 8 year old sister's birthday TWO YEARS IN A ROW!!! And I never even made up for it! ANYWAY, about a week ago, I remembered that my dad's birthday was this week. So I set my alarm for it. AND yesterday I talked to my mom and I told her to call my dad up because it was his birthday tomorrow. She was very amazed that I remembered and I told her that hopefully I wouldn't forget tomorrow, but if I did, I was going to have my dad call her and tell her that I TRIED to remember.

ANYWAY, last night I was at Julia's until after 4am (it was great!). I overslept my alarm and woke up after 1pm. A few minutes later, my alarm went off to remind me about daddy's birthday, but I obviously couldn't call him then because that means it was 11am his time AND I was in no condition to make the call. SO I hung out with Caroline and her mom while Caroline got her toes done (because I missed breakfast). Then I went home, ate some stew, watched 2 episodes of 30 Rock, and took a nap. At 6:20pm I went to CVS to get some stuff so I could bind my script. Then I had Chords from 7-10. Then I went to the computer lab to bind my script with Stephanie. At 10:45pm I went back to my apartment to put my stuff away and put a jacket on so I could go to Sunset for Caroline's birthday (Whoo!). At 11pm, during my walk, I FINALLY remembered to call my dad!! I was like WHAT THE FUCK, BLYTHE! CAN'T YOU REMEMBER ANYTHING!!!

ANYWAY, I called my daddy, and it was very nice. He was kind of surprised that I called, which bummed me out. I explained to him how shitty I am with remembering birthdays, but ... it was basically just me making excuses which he called me on and told me weren't necessary. It does make me feel REALLY selfish that I can't remember. Most people just aren't on my mind long enough to remember. But like... I can remember events pretty well (.. marginally...).

SO, my dad was particularly ... introspective? about how we don't talk that much and how he feels bad that he doesn't usually know what's going on with me. I told him that my best long distance relationships usually don't consist of a lot of talking... it's all about being in the present and really BEING with a person when you're with them.. and so you don't need to play this game of catch up all the time. He seemed to accept that. I DO feel bad that I don't talk to my dad very often... but ... I just feel like it would trivialize the relationship. And I don't want to have an obligatory chat. Like... I never talk to my mom either. I just store up all the things I need to talk to her about, and then if they build up enough, I give her a call. I call my GRANDPA all the time because that's our entire relationship. We don't NEED to see eachother. I need to talk to him about politics and movies and painting and life.
BASICALLY, I just think relationships shouldn't be bounded by what is a "good" relationship. I need to see my dad and be inspired by him a few times a year. And I would love to see him more but I don't. And phone calls don't change that. And that's ok. My grandpa and I need to talk regularly on the phone because when we talk about is contemporary. So that's that.

BUUUUUUT, the GREATEST THING IS!!! that my dad said he would try to come up to BOSTON for a long weekend!!!!!!!! Which would make my WHOLE LIFE!!! I really hope he does!!! I feel like the fam keeps letting me down in the visiting department!

He ALSO said that he would try to get my tickets to come to Denver this Christmas, which would also be GLORIOUS!!!

In other news, here is the homework situation.

Tomorrow: Work from 9:30-11am, class from 11-12:30pm and 3-4pm. Nothing huge due. Just a fake script which is mostly done. But, I potentially have to edit between 12:30pm and 3pm and 4pm to 9pm. I PRAY it doesn't come to that, but I'll be prepared if it does.
Tuesday: 1-4pm - screening of our projects. Then I have to FINISH my script rough draft!!! For Wednesday. I ALSO have to get a little piece of EVERY part of my documentary done for our meetings on Wednesday. I am VERY FRIGHTENED!! Wednesdays are the scariest days, although they usually end up being my happiest ones. Also, I have Chords from 7-10pm.
Wednesday: Class 11-12:30pm, 3pm-4, 5-8pm. OBVIOUSLY I will be doing production stuff that entire time. SCARED!
Thursday: Nothing BUUUUT I have my FINAL PAPER FOR ANTHRO DUE FRIDAY! I have done ZERO READING! I am FRIGHTENED!!!
Friday: Paper due. That's it. BUT THEN I might go to Cabaret!!
Saturday: 3:50pm- I'm watching Twilight with Big Kelly and whoever else! and then Cabaret either again or for the first time!
Sunday: Something for Chords and that is likely all.

LASTLY, I've decided that Thanksgiving is probs going to be fun! I can finally watch all the movies I want to watch AAAAAND I am DEFINITELY planning on painting a lot. It'll be fun!

No comments: