Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Chick Flick Depression and Joaquin is High

Today Rachael and I spontaneously decided to go and see He's Just Not That into You. Let me just say, I almost shot myself in the face! It was SO DEPRESSING!! Now... I'm having the monthlies (it's MY BLOG! I'll say what I WANT)... so I was a little more susceptible to strong emotions... I'll be the first to admit that... but I hated ALMOST the whole thing... until it got better at the end. But I'll tell you what, I don't want to live in a world where JENNIFER CONNELLY gets cheated on (and can I just say... it's not the first time for her (Little Children!))!! AND where Justin Long can be a little pimp (not that he isn't really cute... because he is)!! NAY! Plus the audience kept laughing at things that made me want to die! And I kept thinking that all of these actors and actresses were socializing women to become completely obsessed with marriage and whatever and men to be COMPLETE assholes! But actually in the end, it kind of made me feel good. Not only because it obviously ends the way romantic comedies tend to (hope I didn't give anything away), but because it made me feel good about the way III approach men (or.. I mean... DON'T approach them, as the case may be...). Anyway, it took a LONG-ASS time for me to not be depressed during the movie. Like... maybe the last 7 minutes I felt okay.
I thought I was going into a light-hearted film... wah-wah.
Although, on a side note, Scarlett Johanson had AMAZING hair!!

Also, I'm watching Letterman right now... and Joaquin Phoenix is
a) REALLY REALLY REALLY HIGH!! Like... possibly not even pot-high. It might be a very SERIOUS high!! Letterman just finished his interview with "Well, Joaquin, I'm sorry you couldn't be here tonight..." It was funny AND depressing. If he dies soon though, they are going to play this interview over and over again to show us the signs! What did I learn from Heath Ledger?
(That was like... the most unsensative thing ever! I won't erase it, but I'll acknowledge its rudeness.)
b) not going to act anymore, allegedly. THAT sucks.
(I call him Leaf in my head... and outloud to my TV when I simultaneously laugh at him and feel sorry for him...)

No comments: