Monday, February 23, 2009

Film, Writing, School, Bob Dylan-- The Usual

So I've had Bob Dylan: Don't Look Back with me for I believe a couple of weeks now because I haven't been able to bear sending it back. So this morning, they didn't need me at work (I'm supposed to be typing up inventory but the computer is still out doing... something), but I was already awake, so I decided to watch Don't Look Back again. I really just love it so much! So I decided that it has crossed a threshold and that I should just buy it. Which I did. I don't feel guilty (except I obviously do, or else I wouldn't be writing about it), because I haven't bought a movie in a LONG TIME!! And if you don't count Colorado... a SUPER long time!

So this week is going to be big for me!!

1. I have a Chinese anthro midterm on Wednesday. I REEEEAAAAAAAAALLLY need to do some reading for that. It's a priority except that I haven't been wise about it so far. For instance, I SHOULD be reading right now!!

2. My first piece for screenwriting is due on Friday. We've been doing the same thing for weeks... but last week my group decided I needed to change quite a bit (which really pissed me off... because my story has been the same exact thing for WEEKS. Whatever.)! And actually, I can't let this go, but we got graded on our draft by our TA on Friday... and I was REALLY angry because I had no idea we were going to get graded-- like... they actually didn't tell us, because I asked two other people and they both didn't know, and were pissed as well. I've brought in about 3 drafts so far and every time they look the same... I haven't put page numbers on it, or made a cover page. No one has said anything about it. But he ended up grading this one, and he gave me a C+ which... I honestly don't see at ALL as far as my story goes... and if that WAS the case with my story... then they should have been having me fix it! But I THINK it either has to do with format... or the fact that he's a grad student and doesn't want to seem soft. Now... the grade ALLEGEDLY doesn't count for anything... or he doesn't think it does, but I don't want my teacher to think that my TA thought I deserved a C+. Screenwriting is so subjective that I think it could really influence the grade SHE gives me! Also, even though I GUESS it's irrelevant to me, there are 6 people in our discussion and only 3 of us show up every Friday. One kid has only shown up for 2 classes and one girl has only showed up for 1!!! I should be doing at LEAST as well as them. I just can't BELIEVE he gave me a C+!! The draft before this last one he actually said that he didn't have too much to say about my piece because it had good pacing and good story!!! I'm really not exaggerating here! 
But whatever... let's move on.

3. In my video production class (6 people, all grad students but me), we had to pitch our ideas for our final project... which is HUGE because this is supposed to be the movie that we can use for a resume or something. Anyway, my class picked mine and another kids!! Which is SUPER flattering! BUUUT now I have to actually write the script and it's not a completely clear story to me yet... but I have to have some sort of outline by Thursday. Also, this means that I'm going to be the director... which is pretty intense! Last time I was a director... I lost a little sleep from it! But I'm also really excited!

3b. Irrelevant... but I also had to shoot some stuff for our Twilight Zone project on Saturday evening and it was lame because I had to miss a really neat mascarade marti gras party. BUUUT I felt good because shooting things takes so much time that I at least feel like I had a good weekend, as far as school goes (I would say a "productive" weekend.... but I really hate that word now that people use it as though life without "productivity" is meaningless. I'm tired of that thinking... and I think it makes people's lives seem completely useless and trivial).

ALSO, I'm talking to the internship lady TOMORROW. AND I need to call the other lady about the w2 situation. 

Also, even though I'm doing all of that stuff... tonight I'm STILL going to make time for Letterman (if I have a lot to do, I usually only watch Stewart and Colbert) because I think Kate Winslet is on!!!! Hellz yeah!!!

Someday I'm going to decide if I'm going to go home for spring break. 

No comments: