Wednesday, February 25, 2009

School Update and Words on Creative Writing

First of all, impossible to say how I did on the Chinese exam. I'm not going to freak out though, because it is only 15% of our grade... which is VERY nice of him. Plus, at the very least... IIII feel like I understand what happened in China and Taiwan between 1949 and ... 1987 ish. AND it's very interesting and, I think, important stuff to know in regards to our own political system ... and the choices our country makes in manipulating other countries' systems. Now... whether I gave my professor what he wanted is completely up in the air... but at least it's not like my food anthro class where I got it... but I really didn't care or find it relevant to anything (not to say that it WASN'T relevant to anything... but if it was, I didn't get it).

Second of all, I don't know why I had a heart attack about that screenplay. Of COURSE it wasn't due today... but I was all discombobulated by the C+ thing. Which, by the way, I don't think she's even seeing! Today she said that the grade he gave us doesn't count unless we DON'T turn in the final draft... it was just to tell us what grade we would get if we turned the paper in right then. Plus, I didn't even ask... someone else from my group did, which tells me that she didn't do too well either. I gotta say... even though my TA is really cute... I'm finding him increasingly less attractive... making us freak out like that AND making us stay late every day... and one day we literally stayed a HALF HOUR late!!... which is just rude. But I feel better at least.

So even though it SEEMS like creative writing is the easiest kind of writing... I might have to disagree. Certainly it is the most FUN writing... and it's the easiest if you have a story in mind... but coming up with a story is hard. PLUS, it could take ANY amount of time. Like... you could come up with a story in a few minutes... or it could take you days. And sometimes it doesn't come until you're about to have a heartattack from not having an idea yet.

SO, I have to come up with a children's program tonight. I pretty much already have an idea so it should be easy. No problem.

I have to flesh out an idea for video production for tomorrow. TOUGH because even though I CAN change it as I'm writing... I still have to have an idea of what I want to do for tomorrow. And chances are... I'm PROBABLY going to stick with whatever I come up with. Also, lot's of pressure because it's going to be produced... so I have to make sure I write it within the bounds of something we can shoot. AND I can't change my idea because it was voted on. So the premise has to be the same. I'll just say that it's about someone on an acid trip (and I've never done acid)... so it's going to be a little tricky writing something that I can shoot. But the group liked the story... and I guess they had faith in me... so whatever.

Also, I have to rework my screenplay for Friday... which will be fine... but it's going to take some extensive fine-tuning.

I think the most difficult thing is going to be coming up with THREE separate ideas for a 15 minute screenplay. I need to write a half page summary for each idea... which doesn't SEEM like a huge deal... but is actually going to be super hard, I would say. She made this assignment today. I would complain about the lack of time... but I secretly (/openly with the entire blogosphere) like when the Professor only gives us a few days to do something. Then, by default, I didn't procrastinate.

So there you have it. All of my homework is creative writing. I am a pretty lucky devil!

ALSO, I need to write a resume... which believe it or not, I have never done before. I shall definitely be seeking help.

No comments: