Tuesday, February 24, 2009

School Crazy and Jon Stewart/ I Really Only Talk about a Few Things EVER

OK... the first thing I'm thinking about is my Chinese anthro midterm tomorrow. I've gone to all but one lecture, which I have notes for, but I haven't studied them. I've read 65/333 pages of one book, 96/285 pages of another book, and 0/133 pages of the last one. And it's 10:52pm... which is rough. Plus I'm writing in this. Actually, that writing made me MORE nervous. 

AAAAAALSO, I'm not sure if we are supposed to turn in a draft of our screenplays tomorrow in screenwriting. I haven't missed a class and she USUALLY tells us what we're supposed to do for the next week. So she didn't tell us last week, and I looked on the syllabus and we're a week ahead... so we've already done the reading for this week. And NEXT week has no reading assignment. AAAAND the screenplays are ALLEGEDLY due on Friday. So... what I'm saying is that after my shows, when I'm crying because I didn't prepare enough for my exam... I don't want to also worry about revising (/rewriting because of the new computer) my screenplay. That will take a long time for nothing. BUUUUT if for some reason our screenplay is due tomorrow (which it REALLY SHOULDN'T BE because we SAID it was due Friday but it ISN'T IN THE SYLLABUS!!! ) I'm going to bawl my eyes out!! Oh god. Maybe I'll just KIND OF do it, and then PRAY that it wasn't necessary. 

In other news, I went to the internship lady, prepared to be scolded for being late about applying for internships. Well that did NOT happen. In fact, she told me to make sure I come back to her before summer starts. I was like... yeah... I hope to come back in a few weeks!! (in my head)! ANYWAY, she gave me this big book of reviews of internships by former students separated into categories of TV in Boston, TV in NYC, Film in Boston, and Film in NYC. I was like "HELL YEAH!" (in my head). So it was basically like the students name, the company, the name, email address, and phone number of the supervisor, a sentence of what they did, and a rating of the internship on a scale of 1-5. Well, as I was skimming through, I came across someone who interned at The Daily Show! I'm not gonna lie... I jizzed in my pants a smidge. Because now I have their phone number! 
Really though, I can either get basic experience in Boston, and stay with my friends or work for a really awesome show in NYC all alone. I think I'm going to apply everywhere first and then go from there. But if I get to do The Daily Show... well then I HAVE to do it (even though it would be a little scary to work for someone I love so much!!!!!)!!! But I think any opportunity is going to be SUPER fun! 

ALSO, Elena is going to be my roommate next year! Hellz yeah!

AAAAND I'm getting more netflix tomorrow!! So while I'm weeping with exhaustion tomorrow, I can consider watching Bob Dylan: No Direction Home pt. 2 OR some episodes of David Cross' (and some other guy's) The Mr. Show. That sounded sarcastic... but I'm not. Except I'll ACTUALLY be watching Important Things with Demetri Martin, who graduated from Yale, dropped out of NYU law school, and is like... 36 years old!! He looks 26 for REAL!  Plus he was sort of a correspondent on The Daily Show. AND Jon Stewart produces the show. So done.

Although I'll actually have to do an outline of my OTHER screenplay for video production. 

1 comment:

Claire said...

The first part of this post made ME stressed out! I've just started thinking about all the things I have to do in the next two weeks... and I'm pretty sad about it.