Sunday, February 22, 2009

Some Oscar Reflection-- YEEEAH SLUMDOG!!

Well... I got 11/24 for the Oscars... but the ones I REALLY cared about (Kate Winslet for Best Actress and Slumdog Millionaire for Best Picture) won!!!

Plus!! Slumdog won 8/10 that it was nominated for... which is WAY better than I thought... although I certainly HOPED because I thought the movie was SO brilliant!!!! AAAAAND Benjamin Button only got 3/13, which was good because I didn't really love that movie. 

BUUUT Stephen Colbert and I were both wrong about Best Actor which went to Sean Penn instead of Mickey Rourke. I'm not complaining though, because Sean Penn was VERY good! Also, his speech was nice when he told people against gay marriage to reflect on the shame of their grand children... which is a great way to put it! Although Milk ALSO won best original screenplay, and I have to say I REALLY disagree. I LOVED the acting, and I loved the message of that movie... but I thought the writing was kind of poor. It just wasn't going anywhere... which I understand is hard when you're trying to be factual about the real situation, but WALL-E was amazing! And so was Happy-Go-Lucky. I think that's the only one that I thought did NOT deserve the Oscar... at least for that category. 

1 comment:

Claire said...

I was SO happy about Kate Winslet and Sean Penn! Though I was a tiiiny bit sad Mickey Rourke didn't win cause I just really like him (and feel a little bad that when he won the Golden Globe he only had his dogs to thank... buh). And I haven't seen Slumdog, but I was really glad Benjamin Button didn't win.