Monday, February 9, 2009

So Regular

Today was a little boring. Not in a bad way at ALL though. I woke up early to go to work at 9:30am. When I got to work the lady wasn't there... so I basically sat around PRETENDING to be doing stuff for an hour and a half (rewriting things I already wrote and listening to Bob Dylan...). But... it wasn't really a treat because what I ACTUALLY do at work when I AM working is very similar to that... except that I'm not pretending. But it is equally un-strenuous, and I would be equally able to listen to the songs (Bob Dylan) of my choice.

Then I went to the editing room and captured all of my chords documentary footage. Now... that seems like it COULD be fun... watching interviews that I already did and watching us learning choreography for an hour, which I'd never seen before. Turns out... not THAT fun. But not NOT fun.... But you know... sometimes I think to myself (because I am so arrogant!) "wouldn't it be fun to have some of my life recorded... because funny things happen all the time!!" (I'd feel more guilty but I KNOW I'm not the only one on this). But I think if you can't re-tell it as a story... or you don't remember to... then it was only funny that ONE time.

Anyway, I finished and went straight to Chinese anthro class from 2-3pm, my only class on Mondays. It was just lecture (which happens to be my prefered way to learn)... so it was neither very fun... nor particularly unfun. Again... middle of the line on the fun.

Then I had some lunch and listened to Bob Dylan (ummm... can't stop...). Then I went BACK to the editing room and broke up all of my footage into small, managable pieces. Then I put some interviews in a row in the way I might want them to be. Around 7:15pm I got tired of it and left. I got some subway, went home and watched some Friends (yeah... I'm watching them again), set my alarm for 10:45pm for the Daily Show, and then fell asleep. At 10:45pm I woke up to my alarm and laid half asleep, probably thinking about Bob Dylan. When I finally sat up it was 11:44pm!!! And I had MISSED the Daily Show and HALF of Colbert!! I was like "REALLY BLYTHE??" But it's ok because I'll watch it when it comes around again. Stewart and Colbert are the reason why I look forward to Mondays! I'm lucky that I do.

So you see.... it was a very boring day. But it was not bad. Proved it! You're welcome!

A few more things:

1. Grammys are boring for me.

2. Bob Dylan is a vegetarian... and so III want to be a vegetarian (I probably won't... but isn't that funny when that happens?).

3. I'm pretty sure John Krasinski is the voice of a blackberry commercial (either that or it's CRRRAAAZY similar). Everytime I hear the commercial I am simultaneously pleasured and annoyed. Pleasured because I love him and thus love his voice, and annoyed because... blackberry commercials are NOT what I want to watch...

4. My computer has reached a point where I have to restart it an average of 3 times for it to work (but sometimes like... 7 times, which is a smidge annoying...). But, I used to play a game of freecell before I used the internet to allow my computer to warm up before I make it work hard. But now... I still have to play the freecell (it WILL freeze if I don't), but hilariously, I have to NOT finish the game before I start the internet. If I finish the game, it freezes. But I CAN finish the game AFTER the internet is up! That's the funniest thing EVER!! What's ALSO funny... but kind of annoying and sad, is that several times since I've made my discovery, I've gotten so into my freecell game that I FORGET to not win before I open the internet!! And then I win and then I get PISSED because my computer freezes and I have to start the whole thing over again!!! But can I say that I'm honestly a little amused/proud. I love my quirky-ass computer!

1 comment:

Claire said...

Your computer's INSANE! I think maybe it has schizophrenia, not cancer. Which is much more interesting; everyone's computer has cancer, now it's totally boring.