Sunday, February 8, 2009

Um... Bob Dylan!!

OK... my obsession with the Beatles came too soon... because I am WAY more obsessed with Bob Dylan right now!

1. He makes me want to like poetry WAY more than I do!! I'm so upset with myself!

2. I brought the I'm Not There movie with Cate Blanchett and Heath Ledger and Christian Bale to the top of my netflix queue.

3. After watching the movie and reading a lot of his wikipedia and quotes on imdb.com I can't even decide how I feel about him. Sometimes I can't even stand how amazing he seems and sometimes I think he's just being arrogant and circular. But mostly I find him incredibly interesting! Also... he's been in the public for so long that I have to keep reminding myself that MY mind changes all the time... so I'm sure his does too.

4. This is what he says about Obama.
"Right now, America is in a state of upheaval. Poverty is demoralizing. You can't expect people to have the virtue of purity when they are poor. But we've got this guy there now who is redefining what a politician is, so we'll have to see how things play out. Am I hopeful? Yes, I'm hopeful that things might change. Some things are going to have to."
This makes me love Obama even MORE!!

5. Last night I had a dream about taking a class about Bob Dylan poetry (which actually exists at my school!!!!!!!!!)!!

6. I want a book of Bob Dylan poetry to TRY and get it!! I need to understand poetry more!! (Although from what I DO know... that seems like the opposite way to glean a real understanding of poetry...)

No comments: